Technical Services EngineerEngineering | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Your Role: Flygt A-C Pump, a Xylem Brand manufacturing some of the world’s largest pumps, seeks to hire Technical Services Engineer to work at the Pewaukee, WI location. This position will be responsible for providing specific technical direction and advisory services to the onsite contractors, in house engineering, in house operations, and in house sales functions of the Flygt A-C Custom Pump Operations. Activities include supervision of field installation, field testing, and field commissioning of Custom Pump products and systems. This individual is also responsible for providing sales & technical support for all past, current, and future pump installations. Finally, this position has responsibility to make verbal and written recommendations for repair sales opportunities, fully supporting company goals and objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- On-time design of products, both new and aftermarket, to ensure customer requirements and specifications are met or exceeded.
- Manage projects for aftermarket (repairs) to ensure timely completion of design related tasks. This includes proper coordination and interaction with operations and assisting operations in execution as required.
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis as needed.
- Prepare proposals for aftermarket projects and selling opportunities.
- Serve as technical consultant on design and manufacturing issues for both new and aftermarket products.
- Coordinate in-house testing of pumps for aftermarket projects in cooperation with shop operations.
- Interface with agents/ customers on a variety of issues: sales, marketing, service, etc.
- Produce Pro E and Auto CAD drawings, layouts, and 3-dimensional drawings as required to meet shop production required dates to ensure customer on-time delivery for projects and repairs.
- Perform field service on pumps for customers (i.e. repairs, start up, warranty, testing, installation, etc.). This includes pump and system vibration data collection, analysis, and review.
- Complete field service assignments as needed.
- Investigate field requirements in terms of design application, and failures for various conditions and determine solutions for customers.
- Provide Technical support to Customer Service and customers
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or equivalent. Willing to train new college graduates!
- Field service experience or design engineering experience is preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of pump or rotating equipment mechanical design.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- The ability to conduct training to both technical and operations personnel.
- Effectively analyze and report data in a logical and systematic way so that it can be used to manage resources.
- Develop and write comprehensive technical reports on the assessment of pump repairs and field service calls.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain valid passport.
- E.I.T. or P.E. License is a plus.
- Vibration analysis experience and/or vibration analyst certification is a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The ability to physically maneuver around and spend significant durations in facilities where pumps are installed or manufactured.
- The ability to lift and carry fifty pounds weight.
- The ability to work from ladders and heights.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Manufacturing facility that requires working while standing and from ladders and heights. Working with overhead loads, large components, and large tools.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 – 45 hours a week while in the office/shop. Weekly hours as required by the project when in the field on a jobsite.
- Travel requirement: Significant domestic and international travel via airplane, car, or other transportation vehicles, up to 50% of the year. Flexibility in scheduling is needed.
- Job Site: New and rehabilitated facilities utilizing pumps and pumping equipment including construction site environments.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.