Senior Product ArchitectResearch & Development | Sundbyberg, Sweden, Sweden
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Senior Product Architect
Are you an innovator at heart and have a passion for solving complex designs? This might be your new exciting opportunity where you will work with life-changing products and at the same time work in a creative, innovative and inclusive environment?
We at Xylem focus on the world's most critical challenges in water. Our vision is that everyone should have the access to clean water and that forms the basis of how we want to grow as a company. We are inspired by innovation, technology, and the opportunity to work in an inclusive and diverse work environment.
We are now looking for a Senior Product Architect who is responsible for the architecture of products and product assortments throughout our mechanical product programs.
The Senior Product Architect will lead product architecture work within complex, transformational, and strategic development programs in Xylem’s portfolio. You will be the key influencer and the main stakeholder manager towards the product development teams and comes with great technical knowledge and understanding both in detail and on a holistic level.
The team is located at our head office in Sundbyberg in close collaboration with our main manufacturing facility in Emmaboda. We have a well-equipped R&D laboratory in the office building.
- Perform design, development, and support of existing and new products.
- Understand product vision and business needs to define product requirements and product architectural solutions.
- Works with product management to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified products.
- Consult the business management team to clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified products.
- Maintain product roadmap and architectural standards that assure product development projects optimally align with business objectives.
- Define product validation policies to deliver products that meet system and project expectations
- Provide support for production escalations and problem resolution for customers.
- Assist the technical team with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge.
- Develop broad knowledge about current and future product features and assortments.
- Define product requirements that address market opportunities.
- Preferably an educational background in a technical field such as Science Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge and experience with product management
- Excellent knowledge of application design and architecture
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for working closely with developers and other technical contributors
- Ability to prioritize
- Good qualities of leadership
- Power of initiative
- Negotiation capabilities
You are technical but also service-minded and curious and love to collaborate with others. You are energetic and forward-thinking and you push for innovation.
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity means more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity is a fundamental part of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.
Feel free to visit us at https://www.xylem.com/sv-se/
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Corporate Recruiter Leila Sayyad, Leila.firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only accept applicants through https://www.xylem.com/sv-se/karriar/xylem-career-opportunities/?currentpageid=49039&page=1&pagesize=24 .
Union representatives are Mikael Lövås, Unionen, and Martin Larsson, Sveriges Ingenjörer, phone: + 46 8 475 60 00.