Senior Engineering Technician (T3)Engineering | Throsk, UK, United Kingdom
What will I be doing?
Based in Throsk, this role will is to undertake the maintenance, service and repair of industrial drainage pumping equipment throughout the assigned region.
- Supporting the installation, service and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment, sewage treatment plants and all associated components, including control systems, valves and pipework.
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both electrical and physical.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves and pipework. Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m using the appropriate tools supplied by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd.
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by Xylem Water Solution UK Ltd, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
- Standard hours of work are 39 per week however a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs. In addition evening/weekend on-call duties will be necessary on a rota basis.
Competitive basic salary, Pension, Flexible benefits, 25 days holiday, Healthcare Plan, ShareSave.
Skills / Education / Qualifications Required
- Electrically qualified to City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 17th/ 18th Edition)
- ECS/ JIB Gold Skills Card Holder
- Good knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components / panels to 17th Edition.
- Full driving licence
- Able to use a PDA system and various customer management logging-in systems.
(Confined Space Training will be given once the necessary medical has been passed)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.