Senior Engineer / AM Sales Support /Commercial OperationsOperations | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior Engineer / Asst. Manager/Manager – Sales Support /Commercial Operations
Manager Commercial Operation is responsible for providing sales support for the complete project cycle and act as an integrator to align internal efforts with external requirements to maximize win possibilities. He should be able to manage all the process like deal qualification, techno-commercial proposal finalization, costing in co-ordination with procurement team, and deal reviews, due diligence, contract /purchase order preparation & reviews, preparation of risk register, price benchmarking with market intelligence, competitor’s intelligence, dashboards, maintaining database etc. He should be good team player and have the ability to align strategy with company’s resource alignment. The role requires effective coordination with the sales leaders, Proposal Engineering, Sourcing, Projects, Manufacturing, finance team. The role also requires coordination with leadership team for various deal reviews which includes discussions on strategy, price, risks involved.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Manages and drives the inquiry to deal handover process including deal qualification, techno-commercial proposal, risk register and mitigation plan, deal reviews, contracts/PO preparations & reviews Maintains the data base for effective & insightful Data Analysis and report preparation. Price benchmarking with market intelligence and historical database Competitors Analysis Co-ordinating & fulfilling documentation requirement for tender bidding and vendor registrations Follow up with all stake holders in order to ensure timely inputs and offer/price submission to Sales Work closely with commercial team to ensure deal qualification, deal-review & deal handover is done effectively, and actions are taken as decided in the meeting Providing inputs on business strategy, bid costings, financials, contracts, purchase order etc to facilitate sales Developing standard formats for proposal, contracts, purchase orders, costing, risk register etc for effective insights Ensure sales force is properly updated with required inputs. Coordinate with sales team for periodic updation and extract reports to provide insights to leadership team Prepare weekly Deal priority List and circulate to all team members
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Education: Bachelor's degree – preferably in Mechanical stream, from a renowned University, MBA will be preferred At least 4-6 years of post-qualification experience in Manufacturing sector (Preferably Pump Industry) Good Clarity on Costing, Financials, tax, commercial terms, contract management. Having good business /commercial sense. Good communication and interpersonal skills Excellent in MS Office Tools – especially Excel, Power point, Word and Power BI. Familiar with ERP Systems. Team player Learning attitude
- Develop commercial acumen and deal closure mindset
- Perform / coordinate for customer, distributor and agent due diligence
- Keep a track of trends and development in Indian Pump industry
- Actively participate in team meetings, dept meetings
- Travelling as and when required.
- Willing to work after office hours, week offs etc. whenever required.