Regional Sales ManagerSales | Dallas, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This position is accountable for maximum sales, product placement, and product exposure for all product lines in the vertical market/region. Direct, coordinate, educate, and provide leadership for the field sales team using strategies that fully integrate and address all product lines. Achieve all sales and operating income goal for product mix within region. Accountable for setting targets for direct reports to meet the breakthrough operating plan.
Articulate a clear vision of the challenges and opportunities facing the industry within the region and take a proactive approach to sales development, forecasting and problem solving at all levels. Drive cross-selling opportunities across products, regions and value centers. Establish and maintain good relationships with both internal and external customers. Secure maximum market share and sales of products, consistent with the established sales policies and programs. Develop, communicate and implement innovative sales, marketing, and pricing strategies for the region.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Directs the activities of the supporting Managers in the region including forecasting sales, controlling expenses, preparing sales quotations, negotiate and/or assist in obtaining sales or complex proposals, directing staffing, etc. Conducts training for distributors and/or representatives in effective sales techniques and application of products.
- Communicate and coordinate with marketing, engineering, customer service and other relevant departments to promptly and accurately address customer issues.
- Manage and direct the region to achieve growth, income and other financial targets, and preserve capital funds invested.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans for the promotion of products in assigned vertical/region. Leads and directs the development and preparation of short and long range financial plans, budgets, and other business metrics based on broad value center (VC) goals and growth objectives for the region.
- Works with Marketing to assess the vertical/region product pricing competitiveness. Recommends ways for product cost and adjustments consistent with quality, value and performance requirements. Create special promotional incentive for focused sales (SPIFs) to increase sales through product management and pricing focus and other creative measures.
- Identifies and evaluates distributor candidates in the marketplace to develop business opportunities for the region.
- Make prospecting calls to end customers, distribution channel partners, OEMs and EPC firms.
- Assess market conditions and competitor practices and make recommendations to Marketing to enhance business opportunities and selling strategies in the region.
- Establish and conduct monthly meetings with direct reports (and others as necessary) to develop strategies, review performance, disseminate information on new products, sales policies and pricing, etc. Provide leadership, development skills, understanding of company policies, objectives and tools necessary to work and develop the region. Conduct training of regional sales staff.
- Assist in determining specifications or design features through the "voice of the customer" to improve customer satisfaction and expand the scope and application of current product line. Participate in "Customer Council" meetings on an annual basis.
- Assist in selecting the right products for the total solution utilizing computer sizing and selection programs as required.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues throughout organization to ensure interests are well represented within all market segments
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Business, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in channel management and related technical sales experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience preferable in pump industry.
- Solid presentation skills, technical capabilities
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Financial Management
- Customer Focus, Negotiation skills, Customer Management and Development, Strategic Business Perspective.
- Effective written and oral communications, Influencing, Cultural sensitivity.
- Basic computer, fast-track market developer, managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of vertical market (CBS, Res/Ag or Industrial) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Must be able to lift 70+ pounds.
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend, squat, push, pull and move about the facility
- Walk or stand at least 6+ hours per day
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery; such as, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Shop/Job Site: Daily Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractors site.
- Standard weekly hours: 40+
- Travel: 50-75%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.