Regional Category Manager FleetOperations | Lainate, Italy, Italy
Xylem is a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are a leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We are seeking a Regional Category Manager for Fleet , EMEA region. The person will work independently , travel around 25% of the time mainly in Europe and manage the following:
- Identify opportunities and develop category strategies in close collaboration with sites / entities and other stakeholders. Define strategy goals and projects to:
- Achieve savings (productivity) targets and other KPIs.
- Align Procurement to the company’s sustainability mission and other strategic priorities of the company
- Bring innovative process improvement and optimization opportunities to the business.
- Lead the development and execution of category related projects/initiatives at regional level. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing and implementing Fleet Electrification & Sustainability initiatives
- Identifying and developing regional Fleet Initiatives focused on cost savings, and reduction of Total Cost of Ownership
- Developing category digitalization at regional level aligned with global strategy.
- Supporting and developing the Procurement of Company Travel Program
- Managing relationship with key vendors
- Delivery at regional level of category procurement targets and KPI’s:
- NET productivity / Gross Productivity
- Preferred Supplier Program / PT extension / Supplier count / contract coverage / Sustainability Targets
- Partner and build positive relationships within the business, representing Procurement within cross-functional business teams.
- Manage relationships with suppliers / introduce new providers / consolidate spend / identify and foster implementation of global-regional providers
- Plan and execute effective negotiation process (benchmarking, RFP, response evaluation, negotiations, implementation and contract admin)
- Perform procurement reporting and analysis to identify potential improvement opportunities (e.g., Market Intelligence analysis, Industry benchmark analysis, cost break-down analysis, etc..)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in sourcing and negotiating with suppliers/service providers and delivering annual cost reductions (FLEET experience is mandatory)
- 1-3 years of project management experience required
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills to collaborate with a global team
- Experience working with multi-cultural teams and stakeholders around the globe (e.g., EMEA, Americas, APAC)
- Expertise in managing the indirect category of Fleet, experience managing Travel is preferred
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across the organization and to engage and influence others to ensure the most effective and efficient solutions are implemented
- Proven track-record of commercial and business acumen
- Purchasing policies and processes and systems
- Financial statement analysis
- Cost Driver Estimating analysis
- Category/commodity cost driver knowledge
- Advanced category strategy development knowledge
- Category Strategy, Governance & Planning
- Supplier Performance/ Relationship Management
- Compliance & Risk Management
- Savings and Compliance Tracking
- Sourcing Strategy Development
- Supplier Response Evaluation & Supplier Selection
- Contract Negotiation, Finalization and Administration
- Post Sourcing Implementation Support
CONTRACT: permanent, full time, hybrid
LOCATION: Lainate (MI) or Montecchio Maggiore (VI)
SMART WORKING: 2 days per week after the first 3 months of training
BENEFIT: company bonus + company canteen + personal bonus
TRAVEL: 25% of the time, mainly in Europe
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.