Production SchedulerOperations | Guelph, ON, Canada
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets):
The Role: The Production Scheduler plans production and material requirements to achieve 100% attainment of the customer shipping schedules with minimum inventory investment and maximum production efficiency. Responsible for scheduling production in the Guelph facility.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Determine production priorities based on customer release requirements, available inventories, labour and machine capacities.
- Design daily and weekly production schedules based on customer needs, availability of raw materials, labour and equipment.
- Analyze customer needs, capacity utilization requirements.
- Monitor performance to the schedule and assists manufacturing in resolving issues affecting schedule attainment.
- Monitor, measure and report on production delivery performance to a) business requirements, b) initial promise date.
- Reconciles and closes completed job orders in the BPCS system.
- Liaise with customer service regarding ship date expectations and expedite requests using component delivery dates and production lead times. Request component expedite/air freight where necessary to meet expectations.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Customer Service, Production, Sales and Shipping to monitor production inventory levels necessary to meet short-term goals and corporate goals. Provide ship dates to Customer Service.
- Responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of the Capacity Scheduling, Material Requirements Planning, and job planning and scheduling applications, with the support of IT
- Lead or assist in problem resolution and development of service improvements.
- Expedite at risk production/ capacity issues
- Revise schedules to meeting changing needs
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.)
- College Diploma in Materials Management or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in manufacturing/assembly/production planning and scheduling.
- Direct experience in Supply chain and expediting experience with ERP systems.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suits, with a focus on MS Excel
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Experience in a manufacturing unionized and non-unionized environment in the pump industry.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Xylem’s products, design and manufacturing capabilities and thorough knowledge of pricing policies and procedures.
- Designated CPIM or working towards CPIM designation by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS).
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Long periods for sitting, walking, answering phone calls, working at a computer, infrequent ability to move around
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Typical office environment, use of computer, phone, printer