Manager Should CostOperations | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Manager- Should Cost LT , HT Motors and Generators
Xylem Water Solutions India Private Limited, India
Head Plant Procurement
Part 1 Describe the Position
This Role will form an integral part of the Purchasing function and will be primarily responsible for developing cost models of Various Electrical Machines like, Motors, Drives, Generators etc. The successful candidate should possess the in-depth knowledge of design, construction, manufacturing process , cost drivers alongwith their contribution in cost build up, Knowledge of vendor base, costing methodology, Manufacturing Knowhow .
This Position will report to Head Plant Procurement - India. This function will be the integral part of procurement function and will be Primary responsible to support procurement professionals with estimated cost for LT Motors, HT Motors, Generators, drives and Support various electrical items like drives, LT & HT Panels, Cables, Switchgear components etc., This person is required to have the detailed insight of cost build up for Electrical Machines and should be in a position to discuss with suppliers to drive optimum costs.
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance. (Job Scope)
Review of the specifications/BOQ if any provided by Proposals and Engineering team and validating the requirements with tender specifications. Preparation of techno commercial clarifications, if any, after going through the tender document and aligning with Proposal/Engineering. Develop & maintain Historical pricing database for LT , HT Motors and Generators , Engines, Drives etc. Estimate the Should cost for the Electrical equipment based on methodical process involving detailed design and manufacturing process to arrive at estimated cost , compare this cost with historical cost database, and Work with procurement team for leading negotiations with suppliers based on the should cost developed. Working with Proposal team to meet target pricing. Supporting & guiding execution team to improve the margin. Maintenance of data base for historic prices and periodic review to keep the database current and live. Continually improve estimation methods to drive down costs on external spends. Ability to understand design aspects of various electrical machines and sound knowledge of various Grades of Electrical steel, Copper Windings , Fabrication , Castings , DE & NDE Bearings , Thrust Bearings , Lubrication of bearings , Cooling such as CACA & CACW etc. alongwith their market prices. Participate and contribute to in New Product Developments in order to achieve the competitive edge. Support the organization in executing regular Projects procurement and in addition should be able to support Value Engineering projects.
Part 2 Describe the Person
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- Degree /Diploma qualified – Electrical/ Mechanical Engineer.
- Minimum 15 years of previous experience in HT Motors with exposure in estimation, design and procurement function. Good knowledge of HT Motors input material supplier base and cost structures is mandatory requirement of this profile.
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)
- Proven track record of accurate and optimizing of cost estimates as per the scope, specification provided in the tender document whilst developing a robust supplier base.
- Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality performance
- Working with suppliers to create the most optimum winning deals. Analyzing elements of supplier cost structure including; process costs, direct labor, bill of materials, overhead, SG&A, Profit
- Cost Gap Analysis (Supplier quote vs should cost) and capable of handling supplier negotiations.
• “Hand on” approach to all tasks
• Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
• Versatile, tenacious and people orientated
• Result orientated and confident
• Proven appreciation of customer service expectations and cost demands of business
• Commercial and financial acumen
• Developing sub-ordinates skills and competencies and defines development needs
• Sets priorities taking into account short and long-term needs of the business
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
Responsive to the business requirements: Successful candidate is expected to be very responsive and supportive to market needs and able to meet the desired timelines with reasonable accuracy to develop the most competitive cost estimates.
Value-Based Decision Making: Successful candidate effectively examines events, issues and problems and determine implications, isolating root causes and ensuring they are solving whole problems rather than simply addressing symptoms.
Collaboration and Teamwork: Successful candidate believes in teamwork. They recognize and support team goals over individual goals, readily collaborate with others, recognizing and valuing their contributions and encourage team members to support each other, Believes in CFT approach.
Negotiation Skills: Successful candidates can design a strategy and execute against the strategy to negotiation fair yet favorable terms for XYLEM. He will have the ability to reach a mutually acceptable conclusion on contract points or other disagreements.
Include the competencies identified for the position that differentiate superior performance.
- Proven communication abilities
- Strong ethical working style. Capable of working with cross functional team.
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
- Be a team player.
- Effective communication in English is must.
- Strong technical, communication and inter-personal capabilities.
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency.
- Listens and works well in team environment.
- SharePoint experience.
Previous experience in driving comprehensive workshops and cross functional teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.