Lead Software Test EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Lead Software Test Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking highly motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic Lead Test Engineer to support the development of key parts of the AMI product space. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with diverse, geographically distributed teams in both large, established organizations and more startup-like environments. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work as part of the Delivery Team to ensure requirements are testable and goals are met
- Be proactive in understanding product roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services
- Collaborate with analysts and developers to identify the scope of testing
- Document and maintain system test specification and other related documents
- Write comprehensive manual test cases for new UI and API features with clear pass/fail criteria.
- Plan and create automation of regression, functional, integration testing using inhouse automation framework.
- Set up and manage test environments
- Write clear and complete bug reports.
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Communication
- Experience with Java programming for test automation
- Experience with at least one testing framework
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Must be quick learner, can adopt new technologies processes
- Knowledge of contract-based testing
- Knowledge of planning and creating test design of new system from scratch is required
- Working knowledge of writing, deploying and monitoring automated system is required
- Knowledge of any log aggregation tools to diagnose environmental and application state is required
- Working knowledge of writing queries in any NoSQL DB environment, preferably MONGO DB, is required
- Knowledge of API testing using tools such as Postman
Bonus Experience and/or Training (not required):
- OAuth knowledge is a plus
- Experience working in Kubernetes and AWS environment is a plus
- Knowledge of any programming and scripting languages, and bash shell is a plus
- Experience working in CI-based development environment is a plus
- Experience with testing high load systems is a plus
- Working knowledge of any time series data is a plus
- io experience is a plus
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. Standard hours are 40 hours per week.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.