Inside Sales, ProcessSales | Any Location - United States, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Analytics seeks to hire an Inside Sales Specialist to provide data mining activities and quality leads for Xylem Analytics Utility (Wastewater) team members while striving to add customer value by meeting or exceeding customer expectations via online, phone.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the Utility Water & Wastewater team with data mining activities and lead generation. Cross train with other key market verticals.
- Support Sales Initiatives and Campaigns as directed by Inside Sales Operations Manager and in coordination with Utility National Sales Manager and/or Regional Sales Manager/PSS.
- Participate in Utility product training events held in Yellow Springs.
- Maintain customer database (Salesforce.com).
- Provide routine reporting of sales and lead generation activities and key performance metrics (monthly meeting with ISOM and NSM).
- Attend and participate in Monthly Business Review, providing updates to team.
- Attend trade shows, conferences, as needed.
- Qualify leads found via GovWin, GovSpend, Dodge, Marketo Sales Insight and other lead sources and determine if opportunity exists currently in SFDC. If not work with region to create opportunity in conjunction with the local rep.
- Create opportunity on qualified leads. Perform take off including specification review, bill of materials, bid status and budgetary quotes. Interact/communicate with regions directly through this process.
- Conduct data mining of identified key accounts searching for potential future opportunities. Continue follow up on these as they progress while keeping the regions updated.
- Product quality, marketing and market intelligence information is to be shared with appropriate internal team members.
- Provide product information and pricing quotes when appropriate and in support of outside sales team.
- Occasional travel required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-year college degree in relevant field. Natural resources, chemistry, environmental, physical sciences or engineering preferred.
- Prior customer service or inside sales experience is required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to deal with complex customer requests or problems.
- Ability to determine feasibility of bid data and RFP requests.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater testing instrumentation and online applications.
- Working knowledge of PCs and PC software. (Oracle, Salesforce, MS Office)
- Sales and customer service oriented with ability to resolve customer conflicts/problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analysis and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Ability to keyboard 25% percent of the time and to remain seated for extended periods.
- Physical demands of lifting 20-25 pounds from floor to waist or floor to shoulder level on an occasional basis.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.