Global Product Manager, Applied Water Systems Spare PartsProduct Management | Sundbyberg, Sweden, Sweden
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Global Product Manager, Applied Water Systems (AWS) Parts, is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for global AWS parts (e.g. for brands such as Lowara, Bell & Gossett, Goulds). This role manages its products throughout the entire lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap and value proposition and working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver winning solutions to the market. This role is a key collaborator with regional commercial teams to support sales, marketing, service teams and other support functions to the extend necessary to meet growth and margin objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Defining the product strategy
- Develop and own the portfolio roadmap. This includes product positioning, pathways for scale, value propositions and changes in portfolio offerings. This roadmap serves as a key input into product development resource allocation, business development, operating plans and communications.
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing teams to develop global-, regional- and local launch plans that will empower and enable sales. This role is also instrumental in providing content development and training.
- Analyze and understand and specify market requirements, competition and competitor behaviors, market and technology trends for current and future products.
- Conducting product related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits and close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing.
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and give ideas for technology development, sourcing productivity and value engineering initiatives.
- Support development of sales & marketing programs
- Collaborate with direct sales team, service centers and customer support teams to meet aftermarket business goals
Sales and Profitability
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plan. If targets are not met, develop and execute on the countermeasures.
- Follow up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and raise the need for countermeasures to close the gap.
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines (e.g. list price support / Floor pricing) across markets. Being responsible for updating and distributing Global Price Lists.
- Maximize the revenue and margin for the assigned product group
Guardianship & Support
- Product, technology and application content development and delivery of training
- Collaborate with global procurement and sourcing to support new vendor relationship and pricing strategy for resale.
- Maintain parts resources including website, part numbers, data sheets and other information resources needed to support customer and sales teams.
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events.
- Accountability for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications.
- Provide general Aftermarket support for the assigned product group
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years previous experience in product management in an industrial equipment environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Green Belt Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills
- Have a continuous improvement mindset
- As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company
- Travel: International and Domestic travel will occur
- Misc: Exposure to undesirable field elements at mines, treatment plants, industrial facilities or contractors site when travelling
Welcome to submit your application. Please note that we only accept applications via our online tool and that selection and interviews take place on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions, please contact Christian Westergren, Director of Xylem Parts Product Management at Christian.email@example.com or alternatively Daniel Långberg, Corporare Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.