Firmware EngineerEngineering | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Job Description Summary:
For our Manufacturing Plant in Montecchio Maggiore (VI) with over 700 employees, we are seeking a Firmware Engineer that will join a team of 11 Engineers in the R&D department. The person will participate in the design, development, and testing of embedded electronic devices to control electrical motors or electro-pumps in the field of pumping, heating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications.
- Participates in the design, development, debugging, and testing of embedded firmware for electronic boards used in Variable Frequency Drives or Custom control units, by using programming languages (C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Support the Hardware Electronic team in the design and debug of such electronic boards.
- Collaborate with Product engineering in defining special product requirements and design features (participate in project teams)
- Support the Quality Assurance team in defining the test specification and requirement for firmware validation
- Supports Application and After Sales Engineers in identifying potential application issues and in defining relevant solutions
- Develops product documentation for standard products, for special customer requests and manage specific customer project files
- Participates in team activities related to product development, performances improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement
- Availability to travel
- Build through teamwork
- Needs to have an open-minded, positive approach and to be inclined to work in an inter-functional development environment.
- He has to be proactive in expressing own opinions and confront with those of others, with good communication skills.
- The ability to work by objectives is fundamental with particular attention to details and timing commitment.
- Agile mindset is a qualifying aspect.
- Acceptance and mastering of the continuous improvement approach is required.
- Curiosity and willingness to bring innovative solutions to his work, in term of product and process, are of great importance.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in firmware development in the electronic field. Experience in variable frequency drives development or motor control software development would constitute a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent curricula
- Experience with C, C++ on embedded systems (microcontrollers)
- Familiar with versioning tools such as SVN or GIT (BitBucket and Jira integration)
- Experience with signal processing and communication protocols is required.
- Good level of English
- Fluent in Italian (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python or C# would constitute a plus
- Knowledge of Matlab language and experience with electronic simulation software would constitute a plus.
- Experience in Automated tests and CI/CD (continuous Integration/Continuous delivery) processes
- Previous experience in the electromechanical industry would be preferred.
TRAVEL: 10% Italy/ Europe
LOCATION: Montecchio Maggiore (VI)
SMART WORKING: 2 days per week (after 3 months training)
BENEFIT: Company bonus + canteen