AssemblerOperations | Fresno, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler Generalist. This position fulfills the primary turbine pump production requirements at CDC-Fresno. This is a generalist, hands-on position providing assembly, paint, warehousing and all other related duties associated with the production of turbine pumps. Ensures customer satisfaction is provided and maintained.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret formal work orders and bills of materials
- Works from assembly drawings and layouts
- Assembles turbine pumps of some complexity
- Uses hand power tools to do miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Paints pumps using standard paint and equipment
- Fabricates wooden crates and skids for pumps and component packaging
- Marks and identifies crates per the order instructions; weights and dimensions
- Checks orders for accuracy and completeness
- Preforms warehousing duties: shipping/receiving/order picking, cycle counts
- Provides and complies with all warehouse safety and 5S clean up requirements
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma/GED; plus 2-3 years of shop related mechanical experience and aptitude
- Able to read and write in English and perform routine paperwork; shipping documents.
- Basic shop math skills required
- Industrial lift truck/Reach lift experience required – with valid certificate. Materials handling competency
- Ability to interpret complex drawings and diagrams, use scales, calipers and other measuring instruments
- Experience using shop lifting cranes and hoists
- Understands and demonstrates a proactive safety approach. Responsible for personal safety and the safety of co-workers. Complies with safety practices, policies and general housekeeping
- Able to work effectively in a challenging fast-paced team environment
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision. Accountable for his/her time.
- Strong work ethic. Positive attitude/good behavior. Have a good attendance record
- UPS/FedEx parcel processing experience
- Presents a positive, competent image and exhibits sound judgment and technical accuracy
- Customer oriented
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Able to manually lift and move 35 lbs. repeatedly and routinely
- Physically labor intensive
- Standard/normal work hours: M-F, 7am-4pm
- Able to work overtime with short notice; including Saturdays
- Typical open warehouse environment; seasonally hot/cold
- Stair climbing required
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.