Aftermarket Sales RepresentativeSales | Miami, FL, United States
We’re Hiring for an Aftermarket Sales Representative!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Aftermarket Sales Representative will be responsible for maximizing the financial performance of the South Florida area by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services. In this role, the incumbent will also solve customers’ fluid handling opportunities and increase company business through the development of Flygt pumping systems and solutions, and aftermarket sales and services in the wastewater treatment plant and collections markets which we serve. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Maximize financial performance of the region by expanding the sales of Xylem’s industry leading Flygt brand solutions and services, with a focus on the aftermarket segment; pump repairs, replacements, pumping as a service, preventive maintenance agreements.
- Grow the sales volume in compliance with all company policies, instructions, and directives. This includes aggressively soliciting orders by developing leads, answering incoming requests for quotation, cold calling, and all other means possible.
- Apply application technologies to provide useful and practical pumps, services, and solutions to customers, while seeking new uses for company products.
- Work in conjunction with operations and customer service to build company image to drive new opportunities and brand recognition within the territory.
- Grow and maintain an effective sales pipeline utilizing SalesForce.com.
- Identify, develop, and implement local marketing strategies to expand penetration of Xylem’s products in assigned business.
- Build relationships with municipal end users, and utility contractors to position Flygt solutions to solve customer’s issues and win more projects for Xylem.
- Create synergy opportunities for cross-business consultative selling based on an understanding and awareness of the Xylem solution set.
- Be alert to competitive products and practices and keep management informed of market conditions, competitive scope and approach, and any trends in the marketplace.
- Prepare and assist with various sales reports. This includes bids, proposals, quotes, sales forecasts, expense reports, and SFDC engagement and utilization.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, sales blitzes, committee activities, conventions and trade shows as directed. Participate in other worthwhile community activities as public relations asset to the company.
- 5+ years’ sales or sales related experience (pump or process industry preferred).
- General knowledge of mechanical and pumping designs; hydraulic, pneumatics, water flow, electric motors in related field of pumps, pumping systems, pump controls, or construction preferred.
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of value-based selling to municipal end users.
- Effective organizational and communication skills (written/verbal).
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees, and management team.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills along with knowledge of selling practices and techniques.
- Ability to provide superior customer service.
- Proven presentation and communication skills including face-to face interaction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Ability to meet and continuously maintain authorization to operate a company vehicle.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, candidates will be working remotely, visiting customers across the south Florida region. The working environment involves exposure to job site conditions and hazards e.g. water and wastewater treatment plants and collection systems, construction sites, and industrial/power plants. The physical demands may include but not limited to walking and/or standing 6+ hours per day, lifting 70+ pounds, and the ability to safely and effectively operate a company vehicle for extended periods of time. In addition, this role requires travel of 50% or more.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.