Sr. Software Validation EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
We’re Hiring for a Sr. Software Validation Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Sr. Software Validation Engineer. As a member of the Software Validation and Test Team, they will design, develop and execute Software Test Plans, Test Cases and compile accurate results. The Software Validation Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing software automation techniques to improve test execution, reliability of test results and improve overall time to market. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Create, automate and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Log detailed defect records for SW/FW engineering, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the fault
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Test all aspects of system including meter, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
- Ability to help develop, set up, and manage test environments
- Ability to use statistical tools in solving problems
- Considerable knowledge of IT, HW, FW, and SW test methodologies
- Ability to read and understand networking technical specifications
- Ability to review and provide feedback on requirements, software designs and code, test plans and test cases.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a software development and verification related field
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Experience Testing Web services using Soap UI- Is a Plus
- Experience with:
- Validating GUI interfaces
- Linux and Windows Platforms
- Determining if test automation should use commercial tools and/or custom scripts coupled with the ability to develop automated custom QA solutions
- Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, Linux, middleware, database
- Databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Oracle / SQL databases. Must know essential database queries—create, retrieve, update, and delete records in databases
- System level testing of complex multi-product system networks with strong networking skills and IP interoperability background. (Prior exposure in smart grid applications and utilities would be a plus)
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, and user interface testing
- Familiarity with Test tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- Working knowledge of data networking and communications protocols especially as applied to radio networks and WAN (wide area networks) is desirable
- SQL and Oracle database knowledge and experience with software configuration management is desirable
- Delivered a low-latency, server scale services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Must have a working knowledge of one modern programming language such as Python or Java.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a standard office environment. Standard hours are 40 hours per week.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.