Sr. Paralegal/Legal Executive/Legal Operations ManagerLegal | Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Partnering with the General Counsel as a “right hand” to provide legal administrative support, including drafting correspondence, proofreading, setting up legal meetings and other general tasks.
- Coordinating team meetings, including developing the agenda and tracking action items.
- Onboarding external counsel to Xylem’s external counsel management platform, maintaining the information and assisting in managing external counsel spend.
- Support the implementation of e-signatures across Emerging Markets where possible.
- Own, update and maintain the Sharepoint site containing tools, templates, policies and guidance for our internal clients and internal team.
- Create beautiful and simple templates and tools for our internal clients to use with ease.
- Manage the legal entities across Emerging Markets and acting as the point of contact for entity management internally and with our external service provider(s). This includes supporting incorporations, dissolutions, amalgamations and maintenance work as well as developing and improving internal processes. Also includes attending to notarization, document authentication and legalization across the globe as needed.
- Ensure the corporate entity management database is maintained and develop reporting template/process on entity related work.
- Collaborating with global peers in the same community of practice including flexibility to attend and contribute to virtual meetings in other timezones.
- Liaise with other departments, overseas counterparts and external parties as needed.
- Create powerpoint presentations.
- Compliance support as needed, whether in managing gifts, hospitality, travel and charitable contribution (GHT) approvals or due diligence review (you will be trained in this).
- Excellent English language skills, oral and written. Additional language skills (eg Mandarin, Malay) is a plus.
- Min 8 years’ experience in the legal field including at least 3 years of experience gained in an in-house legal department.
- Relevant diploma, degree or other relevant post-secondary education.
- A growth mindset! Must have continuous eagerness of professional and personal learning and self-development and have interest in being a part of a global, integrated and growing team.
- Values-driven and purpose-driven. If our mission doesn’t resonate with you, do not apply!
- A deep appreciation of how this functional support role effectively contributes to business success.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a strong Zoom presence.
- Strong client service skills and service oriented attitude. Task and detail oriented.
- High degree of discretion working with sensitive information.
- Meticulous, attentive to details, organized, and committed to delivering high-quality work
- Highly ethical, discreet, and able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, eager to learn and take accountability.
- Strong computer skills including above average use of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and PowerPoint (average at Excel is ok) and Adobe, including the ability to create forms and templates.
- Flexible approach to work responsibilities required as the business grows and changes, must be able to embrace change.
- Superior internal customer service with the ability to identify and act on opportunities to build the capacity in the business.
- Able to prioritize assignments, multitask, and work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience using law departments matter management and e-billing systems an asset.