Senior SDETEngineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior Software Development Engineer in Test at Xylem India Technology Center
Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Engineer who will work in the engineering group to provide development and test automation solutions. The position will be part of the SI COE group and will primarily work on web and backend applications IOT solutions. The candidate will also work closely with Product Development, System Test, and SW Engineering to insure the delivery of quality products to our customers.
- List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Following agile methodologies and practices
- Develop java application automation to execute testing of web services
- Own and enhance the web applications, services and the test automation suite
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suite
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Ability to help develop, set up, and manage development & test environments
- Considerable knowledge SW test methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 5+ experience in a system verification related field
- Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Strong Java programming experience
- Excellent working knowledge of HTTP Web Services
- Test automation experience in Selenium & Cucumber or similar test automation tools
- Experience in test automation of web applications (both UI & APIs)
- Very good understanding of web application architecture including basics of Cloud (AWS)
- Working experience in Agile or scrum based methodologies
- Desirable: Strong knowledge and experience in working with MongoDB
- Experience in testing Microservices
- Working experience in creating API Automation Framework and Scripting
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, and user interface testing, seapine test track, JIRA, testRail
- Good working knowledge of following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, user interface testing, API testing, results reporting and customer escapes analysis.
- Hands of experience with JIRA, Soap UI, Postman, Swagger, Test Rail, different test tools.
- Ability to pick up industry standard test, tooling and automation frameworks.
- Hands on experience with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking, test case design and execution, test case management tooling.
- Good knowledge and understanding to Amazon web services, MongoDB, Datadog, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Sonar, Kibana, Sumo, Swagger, Postman, load balancers, Jmeter, REST API's and Soap UI.
- Team and Customer focused, excellent communicator and experienced in working with cross functional teams
- Demonstrate to lead and complete multiple, complex technical tasks in timely manner.
- Experience to determine if test automation should use commercial tools and/or custom scripts coupled with the ability to develop automated custom QA solutions
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- Working knowledge of data networking and communications protocols especially as applied to radio networks and WAN (wide area networks) is desirable
- SQL and Oracle database knowledge and experience with software configuration management is desirable
- REST API's
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects