Regional EHS ManagerOperations | Richmond, VA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Regional Environment, Health, Safety & Security Manager. This position will assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of environmental, safety and health policies and procedures and best practices, particularly related to product manufacturing, transportation and services for rental and sales of industrial pumps and related equipment at branch offices located across the United States.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serves as an EHS&S subject matter expert and business partner for the Region in which they support.
- Conduct periodic site visits to provide in person support and assistance as appropriate based upon need and business conditions.
- Assist regional branches with coordination, development and delivery of EHS&S training and education programs for new hires and existing employees either by use of CBT or in person training to meet regulatory and Xylem requirements.
- Assist regional branches in identification of facility/job site hazards and risks to prevent injuries, spills or other EHS&S impacts and to ensure compliance with company and customer-specific safety standards and government regulations.
- Collaborate with managers, supervisors and staff to institute loss prevention, loss control and corrective actions for unsafe and/or potentially unsafe acts, conditions or equipment.
- Partner with Operations team(s) to develop and distribute communications addressing accidents, near misses, lessons learned and other EHS&S-related topics.
- Assist and Support the Xylem Dewatering EHS team in the development and implementation of the appropriate EHS Management System procedures in order to align with Xylem expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the distribution and communication of applicable EHSMS elements at Regional Branches to support comprehension, implementation and accountability.
- Assist and support the investigation of accidents to identify root causes and appropriate corrective actions to aid in preventing recurrence of similar incidents in the future.
- Participate in the Xylem Corporate EHS&S Audit Program to support ongoing compliance and management system audits at various operations and locations throughout Xylem. Serve as an audit team member and/or audit team leader.
- Develop and analyze safety data and programs under the direction of the Director of EHS&S.
- Prepare detailed summaries that include results of risk assessments, test results, observations, identified safety concerns, and recommendations or solutions to resolve those concerns.
- Recommend ways to assist the company in creating safer and cleaner processes. Performance of varied duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5+ years’ experience working as a safety professional in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Construction experience preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Occupational Health and Safety Technologists (OHST) preferred
- Federal OSHA and state-equivalent programs for occupational safety and health for general industry.
- Federal MSHA and state-equivalent programs for occupational safety and health for surface and subsurface mines.
- Federal DOT and state-equivalent programs for commercial fleet safety.
- Federal EPA and state-equivalent programs for environmental protection.
- Behavioral based safety concepts involving industrial and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Word and Excel software.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Expected travel: 50%