Manager of Technical Sales, ElectricSales | Any Location - North America, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Manager of Technical Sales, Electric. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the electric field sales team effort by providing technical overview presentations, software and hardware demonstrations, meter configuration end-user training, and proposal assistance. Key success metrics for this role are helping the North American electric sales team achieve their revenue goal targets by gaining new business, supporting utilities with electric meter configurations, and driving customer success. This customer-facing role requires the applicant to have strong written and verbal communication skills and to have the ability to convey complex solutions to a wide variety of audiences.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist Field Sales Directors in capturing new Smart Grid Advanced Metering Infrastructure, add-on services, and applications business.
- Assist in attaining annual sales revenue and profit plan goals.
- Assist customers in defining configurations for meters and other FlexNet radio-enabled endpoints.
- Assist customers in the testing and acceptance of first article meters.
- Provide onsite and remote technical expertise on our solution of electric hardware and software products.
- Coordinate technical responses for sales opportunities from Sensus engineering, product marketing, quality assurance, and proposal response teams.
- Nurture customer relationships to ensure customer success and help build strong account references.
- Develop a full understanding of market conditions and solution use cases to provide compelling demonstrations.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and field/industry experience.
- Proven presentation and communication skills both remote and in person.
- Electric, water, or gas Smart Metering system experience a plus.
- Ability to convey complex solutions to a varied audience.
- Utility industry experience a plus.
- Ability to coach the entire sales channel thru the sales process at all levels within the utility.
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment as each situation requires.
- Fluent web-based presentation skills a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Must be willing to travel extensively (50% or more).
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.