Chief AccountantFinance | Plant –Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Chief Accountant - Manage the day-to-day financial activities of the assigned entities; control its financial resources and ensure that all financial transactions, systems and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards. Drive the month end closing processes to achieve accurate and timely reporting. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting of business transactions for all the region Business
- Maintain the balance sheet hygiene including sub-ledger accounts of all the entities through periodic audit Schedules
- Drive the timely closing of the books of account for all the units with highest level of accuracy and compliance with the applicable Xylem accounting policies Xylem calendar issued by the corporate team is the guide for this
- Lead the statutory and internal audit for all the Legal entities in the Region
- Design the closing checklist and process, in close coordination with Finance manager
- Be part of a best-in-class financial reporting process in regioRegion by supporting all the digitization / simplification efforts in daily operations
- Learn and master the reporting tool (One Stream) from the best-practices in the other sub-regions including India (required level of training to be provided)
Good knowledge of the IFRS and/US GAAP on revenue recognition, lease accounting, etc.
- Support Finance Manager in Adhoc requirements
- Coach the region accounting team in India location and keep them engaged, and motivated
Keep abreast of the accounting policies, reporting rules and train the team on the same
- Work towards exceeding the KPIs for month end closing and financial reporting
- Clean account reconciliations (audit schedules) every month
- Compliance with SOX procedure documentation and controls, with minimum audit findings
- Adherence to the SOD, delegation of authority and all relevant company policies
- Keep an eye for continuous improvement on all processes and implement Kaizen projects
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
CA/CWA with sharp accounting skills
6-8 years of relevant work experience in mid-size organization handling accounting, audit and reporting
Experience in MNC on HQ reporting
Fluent in English
Good knowledge in MS-Excel, writing emails in corporate environment