Aftermarket TechnicianEngineering | Pewaukee, WI, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
The Role: Flygt A-C Pump, a Xylem Brand manufacturing some of the world’s largest pumps, seeks to hire an Aftermarket Technician to work at the Pewaukee, WI location. This position will be responsible for providing specific technical direction and advisory services to the onsite contractor, in house engineering, and in house operations functions of the Flygt Custom Pump Operations. Activities include supervision of installation, testing, and commissioning of Custom Pump products and systems. The Aftermarket Technician is also responsible for providing sales & technical support for all past, current, and future pump installations. Finally, this position has responsibility to make verbal and written recommendations for repair sales opportunities, fully supporting company goals and objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage projects for aftermarket to ensure timely completion of design related tasks, under the supervision of an Aftermarket Engineer. This includes proper coordination and interaction with operations and assisting operations in the execution as required.
- Prepare inspection reports for aftermarket projects.
- Inspect pump components and record results for repair work scope development.
- Assist the shop with the assembly of repair pump projects as required.
- Serve as technical consultant on design and manufacturing issues for both new and aftermarket products.
- Coordinate in-house assembly and testing of pumps for aftermarket projects in cooperation with shop operations.
- Interface with agents/ customers on a variety of issues: sales, marketing, service, etc.
- Perform field service on pumps for customers (i.e. repairs, start up, etc.). This includes pump and system vibration data collection, analysis, and review.
- Complete field service assignments as needed.
- Investigate field requirements in terms of design application, and failures for various conditions and revive with an Aftermarket Engineer to determine solutions for customers.
- Backup for Aftermarket Manager, Technical Services Engineering Supervisor, and Customer Service Representatives on calls from customers asking technical questions.
- Rotating Equipment (pumps, turbines, engines, large industrial equipment) Knowledge
- Field Service and Customer Service Mindset
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrate Agility
- Inspiring accountability
- External: Customers, Vendors, Third Party Engineers, Third Party Vibration Specialists, Work Crews
- Internal: Aftermarket Manager, Aftermarket Engineers, Shop Employees, Project Managers, Product Engineers, Application Engineers, Products Designers, QA Manager and Technicians, Planner, Customer Service Representatives.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma with at least 5 to 10 years of related shop and field service experience with rotating equipment or engines.
- Possess a working knowledge of pump or rotating equipment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Develop and write comprehensive technical reports on the assessment of pump repairs and field service calls.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain valid passport.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to physically maneuver around and spend significant durations in facilities where pumps are installed or manufactured.
- The ability to lift and carry 50lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Administrative-computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery: such as fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Job Site: New and rehabilitated facilities utilizing pumps and pumping equipment including construction site environments.
- Travel: Significant domestic and international travel via airplane, car, or other transportation vehicles, up to 50%+ of the year.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.