Production SchedulerOperations | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Production Scheduler for purposes of creating, monitoring and analyzing production schedules from the beginning of a job to the end product by working as a team with the CFT.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Schedule the production process and departmental activities relating to material, employee, and equipment availability
- Monitor production process, workflow, and schedules to ensure on-time delivery
- Efficiently assign production to minimize company costs and meet delivery deadlines
- Review production specifications, identify, and report plant capacity constraints
- Resolve production, manpower and material shortage problems quickly in an order of priority
- Work with Management to execute and implement process improvements
- Ensure that materials and equipment are pre-arranged for production
- Work with managers to develop potential solutions to improve production performance
- Coordinate with production, purchasing, and finance teams to develop and maintain scheduling parameters
- Generate daily or weekly production reports to managers for critical decision-making purposes
- Develop production schedules in accordance with sales forecast, plant, and employee capacity, and new business opportunities.
- Develop ship plan along with Planner/Buyer, making sure the materials team can support the plan.
- Customer Service Interfacing
- Maintains RCCP
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, or other relevant discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience in various aspects of operations, supply and manufacturing.
- Skilled at multi-tasking with flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- Possess knowledge of customer ordering and inventory practices and fulfillment processes.
- Good working knowledge of the processes and systems that reside across the supply chain.
- Possess strong analytical skills and overall business acumen knowledge.
- Excellent math and logical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); proven ability to communicate effectively cross functionally within the company.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Ability to work off hours and overtime (including weekends) as needed.
- Ability to Travel up to 25% of the time
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, JIT and Kanban is a plus.
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment that demands a cooperative approach in addressing issues, a willingness to contribute to problem solving efforts, a helpful nature in assisting coworkers, and a positive attitude.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.