Product SpecialistProduct Management | Seneca Falls, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist Product Line Manager(s) in developing new product designs, sizes, market driven modifications; assists in the development of marketing strategies around these product improvements.
- Assist Product Line Manager in developing sales/demand forecasts for given product lines.
- Recommends product improvement and additions to existing product lines based on knowledge of problem resolution and customer requests.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding product application and performance.
- Prepares catalogs, instruction manuals and marketing/promotional literature for customers and sales personnel.
- Works with e-Commerce group to keep on-line information on pricing, product data, etc., up to date and relevant with current product lines.
- Acts as the department’s liaison to the Engineering, Sales, Finance and Operations departments involved in key processes.
- Participates as a member of product development team(s) to develop, manufacture and release new products for assigned product segment.
- Performs all other duties or assignment as directed by the Product Manager
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- AS Degree engineering, Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical preferred. Business or marketing relevant experience preferred.
- Pump System Knowledge
- VFD, controls or packages experience
- Prior Engineering, Product Specialist or Product Management Experience.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: 20%-25%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.