Maintenance Repair Technician-3rd Shift..Operations | Auburn, NY, United States
We’re Hiring a Maintenance Repair Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Maintenance Repair Technician will be responsible for the diagnosing and repairing of multiple types of production equipment including assembly and testing. In this role, the individual will also be responsible for all plant electrical, mechanical, and plumbing operations and repairs. We offer a full benefits package to include paid vacation, health, dental, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Install, maintain, diagnose, perform preventative maintenance, and repair all plant electrical/electronic systems including related pneumatic, mechanical, hydraulic, sonic, chemical and optical components, such systems would include machine tool controls, communications, motor control and other plant/office equipment of a complex nature using electronics.
- In order to perform above, this would include performance of mechanical Assembly/Disassembly of any components such as Servo Valves, performance of routine maintenance and maintenance of files of all types including Schematics, Manuals, Records and Graphs in addition to the making out of regular forms, reports, and requisitions.
- In addition to the above, regular study of plant systems in plant and at system mfg’s plant would be necessary so as to keep abreast of the current system practice.
- Outstanding ingenuity and judgment required to correlate complex and detailed information involved in troubleshooting problems, to apply known theory and technical data and to work independently toward general results.
- Work from complex drawings and data, manuals, and handbooks. Use a wide variety of measuring instruments and electronic analyzing and testing equipment. Thorough knowledge of electronic components, of digital and analog circuitry, hydraulic systems and machine tool principles essential. Equivalent of formal training of: 1-2 years technical college training, of 2 years of electronics schools.
- 4-6 years of experience with relevant equipment and techniques.
- Must have a keen interest in difficult problems and have a good deal of initiative to use time profitably when not directly concerned with an immediate problem.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is fair to good conditions, generally. May be subjected to dirt, heat, fumes, and oil occasionally. Will be exposed to dangerous voltages often and occasionally may have to climb ladders.
The physical demands may include but not limited little physical effort, studying manuals, schematics and taking instrument readings, diagnosing troubles. Occasionally some light or substantial physical effort handling machine components, climbing on machines, etc. In addition, this role will be on 3rd shift
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.