Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Operational Sustainability ManagerOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a EHS Manager to Lead the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Operational Sustainability strategy and tactical execution for Xylem’s Sensus Manufacturing Plant in DuBois. This position is responsible for the partnering with operational leadership teams as well as corporate EHS teams to develop, lead, manage and sustain EHS related activities and programs that yield a successful injury prevention and environmental footprint reduction campaign. The successful candidate will engage employees at all levels of the organization in order to sustain world-class safety culture and environmental performance. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager of EHS and Operational Sustainability and dotted line to the site Operations Director.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Serve as part of the site leadership team, directing, coaching and acting as lead subject matter expert (SME) to EHS activities
- Strategy planning, tactical execution and delivery of critical EHS commitments
- Identify, mitigate and/or eliminate occupational safety hazards using the hierarchy of controls methodology
- Lead, direct and manage incident investigations and respective corrective actions
- Contribute to the global strategy which dictates goal development and deployment
- Maintain a culture of compliance in Local, State, Federal and Country regulations for occupational health, safety and environmental regulations
- Maintain a culture of compliance with consensus standards as well as Xylem policies and procedures
- Partner with leadership teams at various levels to define, outline and implement continuous improvement strategies related
- Serve as lead and/or liaison when dealing with regulatory agencies
- Responsible for audits, respective actions and follow up
- Act as liaison to production supervision and personnel for exposure monitoring results, recommendations and control strategies
- Interface with supervisor and managers regarding health and safety matters
- Lead efforts to reduce environmental foot print in waste to landfill, water and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Assist in developing programs that continuously Improve injury prevention and occupational exposure
- Build cross-functional relationships with Business and Functional leaders to foster support for continual EHS improvement.
- Collect, monitor, analyze and evaluate metrics that measure effectiveness of EHS compliance and training programs and provide senior management with feedback
- Assist in maintaining safety related permits and air monitoring equipment
- Perform Job Hazard Analysis, system auditing, and ergonomic task analysis
- Monitor contractor safety compliance
- Execute Corporate EHS and Security directives in a timely manner, leading to successful completion
- Lead, direct, deliver occupational health and safety training per 1910 and 1926 Code of Federal Regulations
- Develop a culture in safety that drives employee engagement and empowers them to always make safe choices
- Act as Incident Commander by managing the containment, clean up, and disposal of hazardous materials
- Identify, monitor and mitigate health and safety activities related to occupational noise
- Complete, communicate and manage the sites risk assessment and overall mitigation plans/projects
- Outline annual capital budget needed for injury prevention investments
- Maintain safety and environmental metrics
- Manage recordkeeping (OSHA 300, IMSS or EHS)
- Lead, direct, perform environmental (Air, Water, Waste) regulatory inspections including “cradle to grave” environmental audits of Treatment, Storage and Disposal Facilities (TSDF)
- Lead, direct, manage, coach teams on accident investigation and help facilitate the programs and procedures to ensure work related injuries are reported and investigated in order to prevent reoccurrences
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulations related to industry specific compliance, including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, and Consensus Standards (i.e., NFPA 70E)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.