Global Water YSI WS700 Composite/Discrete Water Sampler
Portable Composite and Discrete Sampler
The Global Water WS700 single-bottle composite/discrete water samplers combine all the features you need to meet a wide variety of water sampling requirements, including those for stormwater, industrial discharge, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection systems, and rivers and streams.
- Ideal for wastewater, industrial and environmental sampling
- CE Certified
- Does composite, or discrete sampling
- Simple to operate - no programming required
- Output provided for use with optional datalogger
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Rugged construction for harsh environments
- Meets federal, state and local wastewater regulations
- Timed and external flow pulsed samples
- Adjustable and repeatable sample volume
- Peristaltic pump prevents sample contamination
- Automatic backflush clears pickup strainer and hose
- Rechargeable battery or AC powered
- Refrigerated/cooler options available
- The easiest and most reliable method for collecting water quality samples
The Global Water WS700 composite/discrete water sampler's state of the art water sampler controller gives you complete control over your water sampling process. With the water sample size control, you can take individual time-weighted composite samples or full-bottle discrete grab samples in a 2.5 gallon sample bottle. The water sample interval control allows you set the time between individual composite samples or enable the external trigger mode for flow proportional sampling. A start delay timer allows you to start multiple composite/discrete water samplers in the field at the same time, or to delay drawing a water sample after a triggering event so that your water sample better represents the water source. An automatic 15 second backflush cycle clears any debris from the strainer and empties the water from the hose so the next composite sample is not contaminated.
The WS700 composite/discrete water samplers are easy to set up in the field. The composite/discrete water sampler's rugged rainproof enclosure can be padlocked and/or chained to prevent tampering. The composite/discrete water samplers are enclosed in a relatively small case that can be easily hidden or camouflaged to prevent vandalism. The composite/discrete water samplers are lightweight enough that even with a full sample bottle it can be suspended in a manhole for wastewater or stormwater sampling.
The WS700 composite/discrete water samplers come with a 2-gallon polyethylene sample bottle for collecting composite samples, a peristaltic sampling pump, a circuit board controller, and a rechargeable gel cell battery. Also provided is a sample pickup hose and a battery charger. Everything you need is provided for a successful wastewater management or environmental monitoring program.
The composite/discrete water sampler's 5 AH rechargeable battery will power the sampler for several months or several sampling events.
The composite/discrete water sampler's sample bottle is equipped with a float switch that automatically turns off the peristaltic sampling pump if the water bottle becomes full.
The user can adjust the composite/discrete water sampler's sample size to one of 15 composite sample sizes from 50ml to 2 liters plus a full bottle discrete setting and the composite/discrete water sampler's sample interval to one of 15 time settings from 5 minutes to 12 hours plus an external trigger mode setting for flow proportional sampling.
Flow Proportional Sampling
An external pulse-type flow meter can control the water sample interval for true flow proportional sampling. Global Water's Open Channel Flow Monitor has a flow-proportional output signal for triggering the WS700 composite/discrete water samplers.
Documentation & Tools
You may also need:
- Global Water WS755 Wastewater, Stormwater Sampler
- Global Water WS705 Composite, Discrete Water Sampler
- Global Water WQS Water Quality Sampling System