Aanderaa Sensors Aanderaa MOTUS Directional Wave Sensor
Measure Waves with Marketing Leading Accuracy
The MOTUS (movement in latin) Wave Sensor 5729 is a directional wave sensor module for use on surface buoys. MOTUS is a compact, low power accelerometer based sensor that is designed to accurately measure multi-spectrum directional waves from standard hydrography and navigation buoys. An inbuilt feature is its flexibility since it can be adapted to different types of buoys and that it does not need to be placed in the center of gravity of the buoy to work correctly.
The MOTUS Wave Sensor is an integrated part of MOTUS SB 138P buoy but also suitable for other third party buoys. It is intended for commercial as well as research use. The sensor processes wave data and is configurable to present parameters and wave spectrum directly. The sensor can be connected to an Anaderaa SmartGuard using the CANbus based AiCaP protocol. It can also be connected to a PC or third party systems through the RS-232 interface.
- User configurable transferfunction to compensate for buoy frequency response
- Configurable compensation algorithm for installation outside of buoy center.
- Built-in solid state 9-axis accelerometer/gyroscope/magnetometer.
- Options for external compass ensuring high directional accuracy even if the wave sensor is installed close to magnetic components.
- A compact field friendly low power multi-parameter wave sensor.
- Wide range of parameters are calculated inside the sensor, configurable output.
- Direct readout of engineering data
- Integration time from 5 to 60 minutes.
- RS-232 output for integration to most third party Dataloggers.
- Customer configurable separation frequency between wind and swell waves
- Extremely rugged and watertight. Handles 30 meter knockdown
- Low power consumption, <125mW @12V
Measure Wave Direction with market leading accuracy
- Measure accurate wave characteristics with the flexibility of a Met Ocean (ODAS) buoy
- High sampling rate and mechanical dampening, ensuring low noise
- Compensate for buoy wave response, off-center placement of sensor and payloads by configurable settings
- Distinguish direction of swells and wind driven waves
Get more from one system
- Current profile with intelligent compensation for movement
- Full suite of water quality parameters with anti-fouling
- Wide range of meteorology and 3rd party sensors
- Extendable with Navigational Aids and AIS
Maximize up time
- Real-time data management and display system with GeoView
- Get the support you need with Xylem product experts in your region
- On-board processing of wave parameters resulting in lower demands for bandwidth and power
Applications of the MOTUS Directional Wave Sensor
- Oceanographic research
- Marine Transport
- Offshore / Oil & Gas
- Aquaculture / fisheries
- Environmental management
- Infrastructure design / Survey companies
- Offshore wind
Documentation & Tools
You may also need:
- SEAGUARD Seaguard WTR
- Aanderaa Sensors Wave & Tide Sensor
- Ocean Current Meter SEAGUARD® II DCP - Doppler Current Profiler
- Aanderaa Sensors Conductivity Sensor
- Aanderaa Sensors SmartGuard Datalogger