Quality Systems ManagerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: In this role, the Quality Systems Manager is responsible for ensuring process, and regulatory compliance and support to the organization in implementing policies and goals. The individual will identify quality improvement opportunities with the intent to increase defect detection, drive escape containment, and support the RCCA process while working directly with New Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Service, Tech Support, Repair Service and production personnel. The QSM will identify opportunities and provides organizational leadership to create a quality competitive advantage for YSI and its customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and maintain quality measures to determine process effectiveness and identify areas for improvement
- Review product/processes and associated build documentation to validate product/build conformity and make recommendations, as well as execute changes to improve product quality, yields and reduce escapes
- Responsible for maintaining ISO 9001, ISO 13485 certifications including audit scheduling and corrective action resolution
- Leads internal audit program for local and remote sites.
- Manages internal Corrective Action program to ensure timelines are established and projects remain on task
- Identify, lead, and execute projects utilizing cross-functional teams to standardize and lean/simplify quality systems processes and procedures with a significant focus on product escape reduction
- Represent QA Department at meetings on behalf of QA Director
- Serve as a resource to Quality Engineers for mentoring, assistance, and advice.
- Process audits of manufacturing methods including verification and validation
- Performance of root-cause activities to implement corrective/preventative actions along with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Monitoring in-process testing and inspection activities including calibration status of equipment used.
- Execution of duties in accordance with YSI’s Quality Management System
- Supporting of manufacturing activities as needed
- Interfacing with customers/end users to ensure expectations have been met
- Providing any needed assistance required by customer/technical support teams to quickly identify and resolve product issues in the field
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- 5-7 years of experience in manufacturing, new product development, engineering and/or quality systems is required
- Demonstrable proficiency in electronic engineering principles and application thereof
- Successful completion of formal coursework involving statistical analysis
- Demonstrable manufacturing experience with ISO-9001, ISO 13485, FDA QSR or equivalent quality management system
- Quality certification is highly desirable: CQT, CCT, CQE, or CRE
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project
- Experience with Minitab or equivalent a plus.
- Customer focused, per both internal and external customer requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively with other functions
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Technical problem solving
- Highly organized, self-starter with a can-do attitude and proactive mindset.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office and manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the office.
- Travel 10 - 20%
- General office and manufacturing floor environment.
- Work remote – 40%
- 40 hours/week minimum Monday through Friday.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.