Gage Calibration TechnicianOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for Gage Calibration Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Xylem seeks to hire a Gage Calibration Technician. This hourly non-union position is responsible for ensuring the Gage Calibration Program complies with the calibration program and will work to eliminate obsolete gaging and support new gage introduction through inspection, recording and reporting results. The role will participate in quality assurance programs, policies, processes, procedures and controls currently in place to assure product quality with the goal to achieve high customer satisfaction. This role will report to the Quality Assurance Supervisor.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Blue Print reading and GD&T knowledge in order to identify measurement gage methods for inspections.
- Manage Gage Calibration program; Gage Calibrations, ordering and re-certifications of 2,000+ gauges. Record completion and management through gage software, GAGEtrak.
- Gage types include - Force, Pressure, Thread, Plug, Thickness, Height, Indicators, and common hand gages. Also, digital, dial, and analog, Go / No-Go and visual comparison standards.
- Gages are used for measurement activities including – verifying product compliance of cast, fabricated and machined components and assemblies of various sizes. The tolerances required may be as small as .0001”
- Follow defined procedures and work instructions
- Management and coordination of 3rd party calibration suppliers: scheduling, shipping, data records, and invoicing.
- Ability to measure gages and record data in-house using various advanced inspection methods (Super micrometer, CMM, Keyence Vision Systems, Gage blocks, Multimeter, etc.)
- Knowledge of CMM programming a plus but not required.
- Assist in completing gage method Repeatability and Reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies
- Participate in External audits, such as ISO 9001.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- 3 years’ minimum experience in quality gaging or engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Independent work, following directions with little or no supervision to execute program compliance.
- Problem Solving skills/training.
- Mathematical skills: Geometry, Trigonometry and Algebra
- Gage tracking software knowledge, GAGEtrak knowledge a plus but not required.
- Statistical analysis training for Gage R&R, preferred software: MiniTab
- Communication skills with all levels of a global manufacturing organization
- Ability and experience in working with cross functional teams (engineering, quality, production, etc.).
- Ability to see fine printed text and details of gage characteristics
- Ability to lift safely up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to use lift support devices.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and walking about the facility
- Ability to type in a computer, keyboarding.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.