Field SupervisorOperations | Essex, MD, United States
We’re Hiring a Field Supervisor!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Supervisor will be responsible for safely and effectively managing the delivery of most aspects of project scope and planning field operations. In this role, the individual will also manage multiple crews, specialized vehicles/equipment, inventory on the trucks, building, material, the use of traffic control safety devices and special processes. The Supervisor will spend 65% of their time in the field. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Safety: To ensure that our team members adhere to all of the Xylem Safety training and protocols for each given task and have the necessary PPE to do so. Promotes a safety focused culture by carrying out programs such as documenting “ride along” with a crew each week and ensuring a regular touchpoint with every team member with daily safety talks.
- Staff Leadership: Work with the PM to hire, develop, support, supervise and coach multiple direct reports (field personnel). Execute the established training program for all field personnel. Ensure staff adhere to established policies, procedures (safety, operational, equipment care/use,), and stay in compliance with applicable regulations (such as DOT).
- Scope Delivery: Understands the contract and the scope of the project. Works directly with project team to ensure the positive delivery of the scope. Schedules and manages field staff in executing scope for the projects. When applicable, provides input during the proposal phase of projects.
- Internal and External Communication: Keep internal stakeholders informed of project activities, as well as risk and mitigation strategies. Ensure the Program/Project Manager is informed of project related updates, safety, production reports, project related issues/scope creep.
- Quality Management: Responsible for effective quality assurance and quality control on all aspects of the project. Analyze project data, identify discrepancies, and develop and implement corrective actions.
- GED or High School Diploma
- 2-3 years’ experience in supervisory role
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, standard asset tracking systems/software, GIS, Proven MAP reading and understanding of As-Built Drawings
- Water Distribution System experience and or Water Distribution Operators License within current state (or ability to gain through reciprocity); Traffic Control Certification
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is frequently outdoors, weather extremities, use of PPE, exposures to high heat and the physical demands may include but not limited to regularly sitting, standing, lifting up to 75 lbs. In addition, this role may require 65% of time in the field.
The estimated salary range for this position is $32.00 to $34.00 per hour plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.