Electrical EngineerEngineering | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for Electrical Engineer II!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: We are seeking an Electrical Engineer II or (EE II). The EE II will provide electrical engineering support, leadership, and technical responsibility for assigned projects. Work with engineering leadership, consulting engineers, project engineers, marketing, production, quality assurance, purchasing, and vendors to manage product improvement and cost reduction projects for globally sourced products. Apply electrical, electronic and mechanical principles to components and systems in order to create and assess electrical designs, bill of materials, including 3D computer modeling of electrical current movement or efficient transmission of electrical energy, assembly, analysis, and documentation of results; construction of electrical assemblies, sub-assemblies and components; and quality testing. Supports and participates in the design, test, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electrical or electromechanical systems.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Recommend updates and provide solutions based on product standards, specifications, and agency requirements.
- Coordinate with operations, quality assurance, and vendors as needed to ensure compliance to agency standards.
- Analyze existing products and make recommendations for cost improvements (value engineering).
- Provide technical support to marketing, field service, quality assurance, production, and contract manufacturers.
- Investigate Product Liability Claims (PLC) to determine role of Xylem products in claim alongside the cross functional liability team
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- BS in Electrical Engineering and three to five years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with electrical codes/standards such as NEC
- Exposure working with regulatory/listing agencies such as UL, FM, CSA, and CE mark
- Familiar with common manufacturing processes (casting, 3D models, patterns, machining, & stamping)
- Technical competency in areas relating to: motors, drives, pumping technology, electronic controls, business values, project management.
- Demonstrate proficiency in tools such as Microsoft suite of tools, AutoCAD, Pro-E/CREO, PDMLink, Configured product.
- Experience communicating goals, processes and procedures to subordinate engineers with various skill sets.
- Articulate and skillful at creating information, written or otherwise.
- General knowledge of engineering and manufacturing policies and operations, including production control, quality control and electrical product or industrial engineering
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems
- Exhibits good analytical skills with ability to organize and implement engineering projects to detailed timelines and budgets
- Understanding of engineering standards, principles and theories
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills, ability to interface and communicate well with numerous stakeholders
- Willing to direct and receive direction from others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5-7 years of relevant experience in a product, project, or support engineer role with a wide spectrum of processes for a manufacturer
- Strong Experience with electro-mechanical devices and electrical components, including, but not limited to, micro switches, solenoids, transformers, printed circuit boards, and variable frequency drives
- Familiar with fluid applications, pressure containing vessel design, and valves
- 3D CAD software expertize (Pro/E, Creo - preferred)
- Familiar with product lifecycle management software (Windchill - preferred)
- Experience working with team members in multiple countries and across several time zones
- Working knowledge of MS Project
- Experience with residential and commercial building HVAC processes and equipment
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
The estimated salary range for this position is $68,000 to $122,000. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.