Dispatcher/Customer Experience SpecialistOperations | Summerville, SC, United States
We’re Hiring for a Dispatcher/Customer Experience Specialist!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Dispatcher/Customer Experience Specialist will assist with site operations and assist customers in a personalized and friendly manner to ensure every experience is an exceptional one. The CES is available to assist customers with their product selection and availability, order entry, product delivery and return and invoicing. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO), health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Lead for coordinating the flow of paperwork and logistics of orders with Service Manager , Sales Personnel, Drivers and Service Technicians insuring accurate and timely processing of orders, deliveries, pick-ups and service
- Manage inbound phone calls, online inquires and customer walk-ins.
- Process customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement over the phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Enter orders and arrange delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- Complete off-rental process in Rental Results. Schedule product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off.
- Support Shop Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Act as site champion for safety. Manage injury reporting through GenSuite. Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
- High school graduate
- Prior experience in a inside sales/technical sales operations preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high pressure environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the working environment is an office environment using standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements. There is intermittent exposure to all outdoors weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and jobsite noise (to maximums of 95 decibels). The physical demands may include but not limited to standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 25 pounds. In addition, this role may include overtime if applicable, work on weekends, night shifts and occasional travel.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.