Business System AnalystInformation Technology | Nottingham, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Business Systems Analyst will work within the IT Applications team, utilising the Corporate standard tools and processes, in order to facilitate the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the applications in support of core company goals. Flexibility and enthusiasm in using and supporting a wide variety of tools and applications. Joining a diverse team which supports multiple business applications across the UK and Ireland. Researching and analysing data in support of business functions; process knowledge; proposed projects and systems requirements to assist in implementing new and improving existing computer systems
Essential Duties/Key Responsibilities
- Design, development, maintenance and support of the company core MRP/ERP systems, other applications and communication protocols.
- Data migrating, extraction and importing to support business needs
- Change control of issues and new developments (business requirements, testing, deployment and user acceptance documentation)
- 1st/2nd and 3rd level application support for key business systems.
- Resolution of ServiceNow Incidents within company KPIs
- Support the control of SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance by ensuring change requests are adequately stored.
- Process mapping and procedural documentation
- Report writing
- Training for users on new processes/tools
- Working closely with other team members and business partners
- General System Administrative tasks such as user access, security, batch processing etc.
- Play an active role in the safety culture of the company, ensuring the safety of yourself and others.
- Highlight any safety concerns in a timely manner
- Complete specified training in a timely and complete manner.
- Develop and maintain ERP Systems
- Act as Super User for ERP systems
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Some experience of RPG, RPG IV and CL Programming
- Proven problem solving ability
- Experience using BI(Business Intelligence) Tools
- SQL Server
- XML Skills would be a benefit
- Good communication skills either verbal or written
- Problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Good understanding of the business process