Mobile Service Technician - DieselOperations | Jacksonville, FL, United States
We’re Hiring for a Mobile Service Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Mobile Service Technician - Diesel will be responsible for troubleshooting, service, repair, and maintenance of Xylem products in a safe and efficient manner at a Xylem Service Center, Customer jobsite or via phone. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO), health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Troubleshoot diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and pump end issues and use computerized diagnostic tools.
- Perform routine equipment for proper operation and quality.
- Maintain a safe work environment by following EHS&S guidelines, policies and best practices.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation schedule to assist customers after hours.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
- High school diploma of equivalent required, diesel technical school or training
- Experience with Tier 4 diesel engine repairs and maintenance preferred.
- Ability to diagnose diesel engine mechanical and electrical issues.
- Familiarity with engine diagnostic tools.
- Working knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision; self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to safely operate hand tools, power tools and lifting equipment.
- Commercial driver license preferred (Class B)
- DOT Medical card preferred.
DAY IN THE LIFE: In this role, the working environment is subject to temperature fluctuations, noise, and fumes within limits of OSHA standards. The physical demands may include but not limited to sitting and standing for long periods of time, reaching, bending and moving about the facility and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
SALARY: The estimated salary range for this position is $43,500 to $69,500 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.