Maintenance TechOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
We’re Hiring for a Maintenance Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for assisting in machinery maintenance and repair, and keeping tools in good operating condition with minimum lost time due to breakdown. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Install and set up according to requirements maintain in good operating condition and remove various types of heavy machine tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnose causes of machinery trouble, tear down, make repairs, replace worn or broken parts, scraping and fitting to proper operating condition.
- Install steel structures for blower, tanks, overhead shafting, pulleys, and transmissions.
- Maintain belting and line shafting in operating condition.
- Machine repair parts and jigs & fixture elements when necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1-2 years of general maintenance experience.
- Should be able to read complex drawings and diagrams, use scale, calipers, and other measuring instruments.
- Knowledge of elementary mechanics, power transmission and machine tools.
- Basic electrical knowledge required.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a general production/assembly environment where the use of PPE is required. The physical demands may include but not limited to standing for long periods of time, and lifting/handling medium weight parts of up to 35 pounds.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.