Fabrication/Machining Lead PersonOperations | Texarkana, AR, United States
We’re Hiring for a Fabrication/Machining Lead Person!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Fabrication/Machining Lead Person to assist management in various fabrication and machining production departments. The Fabrication/Machining Lead Person will work closely with department supervisors to support production efficiencies/throughput and meet customer demands.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- CNC Machine coding/programming proficiency.
- Ample knowledge in CNC and manual machining equipment.
- Ample knowledge in metal fabricating machinery/equipment.
- Computer proficiency:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Oracle based system experience desired
- Support supervision to assure that individual and departmental efficiencies and utilization goals are sustained.
- Support supervision to assure that all production schedules are met to maintain a 97% minimum "On Time Delivery" level.
- Support supervision to assure that all Safety and Environmental standards are maintained to the highest level.
- Support supervision to maintain a clean and orderly production area.
- Supply production demand data as required by all levels of management.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- High School diploma plus CNC machine programming certification or four years of relevant CNC machine programming work experience.
- Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal with employee issues and concerns.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and operations.
- Analytical abilities sufficient to handle all issues associated with directing fabrication and machining personnel.
- Strong math skills is desired.
- Mechanical aptitude is desired.
- Product and industry knowledge is desired.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
• Light to moderate lifting (25-35 lbs.), office and industrial manufacturing environment.
• Regularly required to sit or stand, walk, reach, bend, kneel or stoop and move about the facility.
• Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
The hourly pay range for this position is from a starting rate of $xxxx to $xxxx. At Xylem we offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, vacation pay based on year’s of service and eleven (11) paid holidays.,
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.