Customer Service RepresentativeSales | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
Xylem seeks to hire a Remote Customer Service Representative!
The Role: An opportunity to work on a dynamic team, connecting directly with and building relationships with our customers as they solve water around the globe. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment while ensuring that attention to detail is maintained at a high level and be comfortable delivering difficult updates when order demands cannot be met. If you are industrious, provide excellent timely updates, detail- and customer-oriented, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide service and support to customer and Xylem locations globally.
- Enter, maintain and acknowledge customer orders in Oracle system.
- Process return authorizations and credits.
- Coordinate and respond to customer requests for information involving other internal departments such as accounting, shipping, planning/scheduling and technical support when necessary.
- Maintain strong relationships with company dealers, salespeople, and selling partners.
- Assume other activities, projects and responsibilities as requested.
- Answer phone calls and e-mails working to meet agreed upon customer service levels and time frames.
- Work with planning & scheduling departments to determine delivery dates.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in fast paced global customer service environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles such as debits and credits
- Strong computer skills especially Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Typing rate of 40-45 wpm. 50% of time spent keyboarding.
- High accuracy level required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer problems such as shipment errors or account reconciliation questions
- Experience with Oracle 11i software system.
- Experience working with international customers.
- Ability to prepare letter of credit
- Foreign language is preferred
- Knowledge of import/export processes, regulations
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Outstanding Benefits
- Professional Development –To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards –We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark– Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
When working onsite
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours. Overtime is available.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.