Condition Assessment EngineerSales | Any Location - United Kingdom, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
This role assists with the monthly reporting for the UK Sales unit with responsibility for preparing and maintaining financial data and assisting the day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
The Condition Assessment Engineer is primarily accountable for delivering asset management recommendations that will influence long-term maintenance and management plans for pipeline networks. This candidate will rely on sound engineering principals to develop complex scopes of work typically focussed on maximixe pipeline lifespan while minimizing pipeline failures. They will to interpret structural calculations, perform pipeline forensics and apply asset management principals to help clients proficiently manage their pipeline infrastructure.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyzes multiple data points to create technical client reports; inclusive of conclusions and recommendations that will help clients turn an inspection or series of inspections into meaningful pipeline management plans
- Applies industry leading practices to develop complex condition assessment scopes of work in support for business development
- Subject matter expert in characterisctics of different pipeline materials, including their failure mode and available rehabilitation methods
- Present condition assessment case studies in industry forums while representing Xylem
- Accountable for interpreting a variety of pipeline calculations, including but not limited to pipe loading, design checks and hydraulics/surge analysis
- Completes pipeline forensic work as part of pipe failure investigations, interventions from diferent inspection methods, verify pipeline inspection results (i.e. wall loss, wire breaks, leakage and gas pockets), and pipeline degradation mechanisms for water and wastewater
- Trains and mentors other delivery staff on the science of internal inspections that are not reliant on the use of tools/technology
- Lead client meetings to further support proposals or findings included in the client technical report; are treated as subject matter experts
- Make recommendations for the management of pipeline networks based on the interpretation of Remaining Useful Life calculations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering related field with 3 or more years’ experience in pipeline management in a technical role, preferably in the space of pipeline condition assessment or asset management
- Advanced technical knowledge of the technologies and techniques available with the water sector to complete non destructive evaluations of pipelines
- Currently holding or working toward professional engineering registration/designation highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop in a cross-functional team; developing and contributing subject matter expertise
- Proven ability to take initiative, seek out problems to solve and communicate highly technical concepts in terms less technical individuals can understand
- Demonstrates thorough attention to detail with proven practice of rechecking personal work, work of others and seeking second opinions as required
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrix environment that is highly collaborative
- Demonstrate confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.
Feel free to visit us at www.xylem.com
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Recruiter Kelsie Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org