Applications Engineer, TPSEngineering | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Specifically as it relates to pilots, the role will support winning pilot contracts, development of the testing protocol, customer service for pilot projects, field support of pilot equipment, data analysis and optimization, and technical report writing. The position will be part of a passionate team that strives to achieve overall company goals in terms of image, reputation, revenue and profitability. The Applications Engineer, Treatment Process Solutions will require strong interpersonal and communication skills in collaborating with customers and interdepartmentally with project management, sales, engineering, and R&D.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Personally or through other company resources, develop the technical depth in Xylem product and application knowledge
- Work closely with the Applications Engineering Manager, Pilot Program Manager, Territory Managers, Key Account Managers, and Process Engineers to support sales and the commercial pilot program
- Drive a highly responsive culture to both internal and external customers to provide timely and accurate information and maximizing pilot system uptime and performance
- Collaborate with pertinent technical (engineering, R&D, product management) and commercial (marketing and sales) groups within Xylem along with the customer to develop pilot test protocols that best meet the overall treatment objectives while providing the data needed to develop an optimized full-scale solution.
- Develop process solutions for Industrial & Municipal opportunities based on water quality data, treatment goals, regulatory and economic drivers, and site-specific engineering information
- Develops approach to meet technical and project specific requirements and is responsible for overall development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), mass balances, and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), measurement and control systems
- Provide legendary customer service support by responding quickly and effectively to our clients to maximize uptime and performance of pilot systems
- Collect, organize, and analyze pilot data and present to both internal and external customers.
- Work closely with R&D to drive innovation of Xylem’s products and solutions.
- Effectively communicate and educate customers as the technical and applications expert and on value proposition of Xylem’s organizational and product capabilities
- Work with sales and marketing to influence marketplace through whitepapers, presentations, and case stories at regional/national trade shows and industry conferences
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or Environmental Sciences
- 3+ years of experience working in the water and wastewater treatment market; specifically focused on treatment process and applications
- Strong understanding of water chemistry and sampling/analytical methods and/or process knowledge of water/wastewater treatment (biological treatment, membranes and filtration, adsorption, reverse osmosis, oxidation, and disinfection)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in field service and/or pilot testing a plus
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot and repair water treatment equipment ranging from instrumentation to pumps to controls a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop pilot test protocols, analyze data, optimize treatment processes, and write technical reports a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & oral)
- Excellent task management & organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Six Sigma Green Belt
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company: Nationwide: up to 75%.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.