Additive Manufacturing Design EngineerEngineering | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Additive Manufacturing Design engineer. We are looking for an engineer to be responsible for all the deliverables of the additive manufacturing design engineering including 3D Print Lab. Work sponsorship is NOT available. Permanent resident status and ability to work within USA is required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain the hardware and software of the 3D Print Lab
- Create and maintain print job schedule
- Coordinate with internal customers to meet scheduled ship dates
- Maintain a clean and safe lab environment and restock supplies
- Follow all organization EHS policies
- Carry out improvement and CI activities, interact with external experts and vendors
- Create 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs using specification and data from the engineering team as needed
- Provide support to engineering team for engineering change requests and coordinating engineering change orders as needed
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associates of Science degree
- Hands on experience in SLS, FDM, Polyjet, SLA, or other prototyping
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling software is required, Creo (Pro Engineer), data management tools and Wind-chill preferred
- Experience with a Windows computing environment as well as the ability to learn custom software packages
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced team environment where you will interface regularly with other cross-function team members
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in troubleshooting of build failures
- CAD designer certifications
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting (up to 45 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting with additional time spent in a laboratory environment with exposure to chemicals and dust.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.