SonTek RiverSurveyor® M9 ADCP
A New Perspective on Measuring Open Channel Hydraulics
The RiverSurveyor®, M9 ADCP system gives a new perspective to the notion of measuring open channel hydraulics. Using SonTek’s exclusive SmartPulseHD®, multiple acoustic frequencies are fused with precise bandwidth control for the most robust and continuous shallow-to-deep discharge measurements ever.
- Multi-Band - Multiple acoustic frequencies
- Vertical acoustic beam
- Internally computed discharge and secure data
- Standard 360º compass and two-axis tilt sensor
- Reverberation control with ping rates to 70Hz
- RTK GPS (optional)
The SonTek RiverSurveyor M9 system just keep on getting better! Our engineers continue to improve and build upon the award-winning technology, with features to include:
- No tagline/tape measure required: With RiverSurveyor Stationary Live, automatically measure distance between stations with DGPS or RTK GPS equipped systems.
- Manual configuration: Now you can set blanking distance, cell size and number of cells for moving boat measurements.
- Real-time QA/QC warnings: Know when there could be a problem before there is one.
- Zipped files: New and improved compression and auto-decompression, providing faster access to large amounts of data.
- Sample filter: Remove your random velocity outliers with ease!
The patented and award-winning SonTek RiverSurveyor® M9 system gives a new perspective to the notion of measuring open channel hydraulics. Using SonTek's exclusive SmartPulseHD®, multiple acoustic frequencies are fused with precise bandwidth control for the most robust and continuous shallow-to-deep discharge measurements ever.
A deterministic microcontroller expertly apportions the proper acoustics, pulse scheme, and cell size to get the highest definition possible so you can focus on the measurement, not the instrument setup. The system even has a vertical beam for precise channel definition and it's all designed to work intuitively.
And just like the name implies - SmartPulseHD (just like your TV) lets you see the clearest velocity picture possible with cell sizes down to 2 cm.
- Balances the highest resolution with the greatest range of depths
- Superior channel definition, extends the maximum measurable discharge depth
- An intelligent algorithm that looks at water depth, velocity and turbulence, and then acoustically adapts to those conditions using pulse-coherent, broadband, and incoherent techniques. High-def cell sizes down to 2 cm.
- All discharge computations are done within the M9 unit internally (not in the computer!) – No lost data from communications drop outs
- Compensates for vessel motion due to surface conditions.
- High ping rates ensure extremely robust data collection.
- High precision vessel tracking and depth measurement without GPS requirement.
- Ultra precise earth-referenced positioning as an alternative to bottom tracking in moving bed or other difficult situations.
*Please contact SonTek for accuracies better than 1% or velocities >10 m/s
Software & Firmware
RiverSurveyor Live (RSL) — V 4.3 — NOV2023
RiverSurveyor Stationary LIVE (RSSL) – V 4.3 – NOV2023
Utilities – V 4.3 – NOV2023
- Added Bahasa Indonesia language support
Other recent fixes include:
- Salinity warning changed from 35ppt to 45ppt
- USGS screening distance option is disabled for S5
- Matlab auto-export disabled if there are missing samples
- Matlab export – now handles large *.riv/*.rivr files.
- Matlab export – Fixed Transmit length and blanking distance units.
Exceed your expectations both during and after measurement with RiverSurveyor LIVE software (now optimized for Dell Venue 8 tablet). RSL v4.3 is a Windows 7/8 compatible package with the latest advancements for open channel hydraulics visualization. This software includes language support for English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Turkish, Polish, Hungarian, Afrikaans, Russian and Indonesian.
RiverSurveyor LIVE with SmartPulseHD™ contains intelligent algorithms that look at water depth, velocity and turbulence, and then adapts the acoustic pulse scheme to those conditions. See the clearest velocity picture possible with cell sizes down to 2 cm!
RIVERSURVEYOR S5/M9 FIRMWARE — V 4.10 — 17AUG2018
New RiverSurveyor S5/M9 firmware for use with all versions of RiverSurveyor LIVE and RiverSurveyor Stationary LIVE. Note: SonTek recommends updating the PC software prior to upgrading the M9/S5 firmware
- Corrects date/time update issue
IMPORTANT: For more detailed information, download the firmware file, unzip it and read the Release Notes for complete installation instructions.
RIVERSURVEYOR SOFTWARE — V 4.60 — 05JUL2007
(NOTE: Please refer to "RiverSurveyor LIVE" software for use with RiverSurveyor S5 & M9)
ADP real-time and postprocessing software for discharge data applications - typically rivers, streams, estuaries. Requires down looking, mobile, bottom-tracking ADP (with or without GPS). Includes the RiverSurveyor System Manual.
A software license is required to run this program, which requires that the ADP has the bottom-track option. If your ADP has the bottom-track option installed, but you have not received a software license to run RiverSurveyor, you can request a RiverSurveyor software license.
Important: If you have a version of RiverSurveyor that is earlier than v4.20, we recommend that you UNINSTALL the "old" version before installing the "new" version. This is REQUIRED for any of our beta testers.
FLOWPACK SOFTWARE — V 1.21 — 18FEB2013
Become an instant velocity-indexing pro! FlowPack allows you to generate easy to interpret Velocity-Index ratings. Promising to make your data reporting process a whole lot friendlier (and faster), FlowPack also provides a simple method to store flow, velocity, and stage measurements — all through one software program. FlowPack can produce comprehensive reports that assist you in making better, more informed decisions.