Transportation & Logistics EMEA Category ManagerOperations | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 16.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at Xylem - a job with a purpose.
Transportation & Logistics EMEA Category Manager
Our logistics team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders so that we understand the business needs and develop effective sourcing strategies that drive value. Responsible for the sourcing & procurement of European Regional Third-Party Logistics Services including all Modes of Transportation and Freight Forwarding Services, Distribution, Customs Brokerage, Professional Services and Logistics Management Information Systems.
Responsible for the timely and cost-effective strategic sourcing of complex services. This position works closely with the business leaders regarding the application and integration of sourcing philosophies and techniques to meet the needs of internal customer requirements from a results delivery perspective. Utilizing a structured sourcing process, in collaboration with Procurement standards, this position will handle high dollar category sourcing, supplier qualification and contract negotiations. The incumbent provides technical direction, advice, and counsel on a wide array of sourcing issues, bringing broad depth and breadth of experience to handle buying in complex and/or rapidly changing marketplaces.
- Fully knowledgeable in Transportation and Logistics market and operations, acting as Subject Matter Expert. Able to create robust strategies based on this knowledge.
- Serve as a thought leader to the rest of the organization for the strategic sourcing of the category.
- Develop pricing agreements, service levels, and performance criteria and systems contracts with suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with customer service, operations, plants and suppliers to identify best options to support emerging business requirements to best serve customers in the least waste way.
- Lead formal supplier performance management reviews on routine schedule.
- Communication of strategy and status to senior management to ensure alignment – experienced in change management.
- Manage through service shortfalls or capacity gaps to ensure continuity of business.
- Develop a thorough strategic plan to drive value and cost savings for the category based on an understanding of growth center needs, the supply market, spend baseline, spend evolution and benchmarking. Effectively document, communicate and gain buy-in for the strategy together with internal stakeholders.
- Research, select, develop and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the requirements of the category are met with the optimum quality, service and cost to use.
- Ability to successfully reach business objectives through supplier negotiations. Analyzes market and supply dynamics related to supplier proposals to develop a matrix of negotiation scenarios. Engages business leaders to align on acceptable negotiation outcomes. Develops counterarguments, opening positions, and plan for executing negotiations.
- Leads the development of risk analyses, assessments and mitigation plans for the category. Manage our supplier network for assigned area, develop and execute a plan to quickly and effectively manage a supply interruption.
- Interacts with growth centers to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in cost, security of supply, risk management, sustainability and innovation. Manage the ongoing performance of our suppliers including objective setting and supplier evaluations where warranted.
- Comprehend and provide constructive input on legal contract documents
- Knowledgeable about the markets and how they affect price, availability, or supply chain logistics.
- Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
- Industry Certification (ex. APICS CPIM) or Advanced Degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Transportation and Logistics sector in a similar role
- Operates with limited business direction
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in a major purchasing commodity group
- Travel in EMEA region required
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are looking forward to your application in ENGLISH !
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.