Technical Training Manager (Remote)Sales | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
An innovative, energetic, and engaging individual who directs and conducts all training functions with respect to Water Utilities vertical markets, system design, product application, product service and maintenance, and sales in a marketing context. The ideal incumbent Champions the development, production and writing of online training courses, technical manuals, and other content necessary to conduct training tests. Foster relationships and application knowledge to accelerate support internal and external audiences.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Develops, organizes, and directs innovative and engaging training programs whose subject matter involves comprehensive familiarization of Water Utilities applications and applicable Xylem solutions. Material covered ranges from function to application, features and benefits, system design, maintenance, and technical specifications.
- Instructs and lectures on subject matters outlined above, both at Xylem locations and in the field throughout the Americas
- Assist and writes text material and coordinates, assimilates, and checks material prepared by others. Submits material to be published to the Marketing Department for printing, and industry publications
- Oversees deliveries of Print on Demand copies of technical publications for current applications and for representative's field meetings.
- Develops visual aids, presentations, and programs for Xylem ACT (America Commercial Team) and its Representatives. This includes working displays and demos used in conjunction with training.
- Performs consulting assistance on field problems as necessary and serves on training committees for affiliated associations who functions are in line with the Xylem ACT business.
- Develops industry relationships and influence. Attends meetings of affiliated associations and industry events and pursues opportunities to present at affiliated associations meetings to broaden the exposure of the Xylem ACT Training Dept.
- Establishes the Training & Education Department operating budget requirements for the various programs.
- Establish and implement review procedure that ensure all CEU credit training activities meet current IACET CEU criteria. Responsible for IACET re-certification process in accordance with any new standards as necessary.
- External: Third Party Reps, Distribution Partners, Consulting Engineers, End-Users/Customers
- Internal: Sales: Territory and Regional Managers, Marketing, MARCOM, Sales Leadership
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Engineering or Education
- 5 to 10 years in teaching technical subjects, sales, design, application of Industrial vertical systems.
- Requires a good teaching and speaking ability as well as theoretical and practical training in education.
- Requires technical report review and writing experience.
- Strong organizational background and management aptitude
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Thorough knowledge of water utilities systems with respect to engineering, performance, specifications, applications, operational problems, repair techniques, etc.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk & reach with hands & arms; use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment (office environment).
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- 30% travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- This job may work hybrid work from home/in office
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.