Software Test and Automation EngineerEngineering | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Software Test and Automation Engineer who will provide end-to-end Solution Integration Validation (manual/automated test) support to Sensus product lines. Products include Water, Gas, and Electric meters, Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI) smart points, in-home-displays, installation tools, head-end systems, and more. The candidate will also work closely with software and hardware developers to insure the full integration of quality products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
•Log detailed defect records for SW/FW engineering, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the fault
•Develop and execute manual and automated test suites
•Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
•Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
•Test all aspects of system including meter, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
•Ability to help develop, set up, and manage test environments
•Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally, with both local/remote sites
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 2-6 years of experience in firmware or software validation.
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Knowledge of Oracle / SQL databases big plus
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.