Senior Java DeveloperEngineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior Java Developer: Application Developer will development process from definition to deployment. Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem's software offering. Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture. Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented. Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas. Provide technical guidance and architecture design to the project. Manage the scrum and plan the sprints. Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and architecture design to the project
- Manage the scrum and plan the sprints.
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Xylem’s software offering.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Computer Science or BE/B.Tech in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or related fields or Master in Science in Software or MCA
- 4 year’s minimum of Java development in a team environment
- Proven ability to develop back end services in a large scale, high performance environment
- Experience working with Java, REST, SOAP, and creating web services.
- Knowledge of tools such as JAXB, Jackson, and GSON.
- Experience with Spring or Spring Boot.
- Experience with MongoDB, Influx DB or similar No SQL databases
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS systems.
- Experience in IOT applications
- Experience in Data heavy applications
- Experience with Micro service development and the application of DDD concepts
- Experience with secure credential storage and management (RBAC)
- Experience with EventStore concepts
- Experience with server-side MVC containers (Spring, Struts, Play Framework).
- Scrum master certification or experience
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.
- Experience in IOT platforms would be a plus
- Experience in leading a project team, mentoring junior resources and cross team collaboration