Quality Engineer, SupplierOperations | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets):
The APQP Supplier Quality Engineer will be part of Quality structure to sustain the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) in the new product development (NPD) supporting definition of requirements for suppliers and supply chain validation. In this context, He/she will be responsible for interfacing with suppliers and verifying that their quality standards are in accordance with Xylem requirements. He/she will organize new parts specifications sharing and discussion to guarantee quality targets are respected as well as manage PPAP planning and execution for components of new products interfacing with internal departments and Suppliers. He/she will Support Root Cause Analysis process/8D for issues in charge of suppliers and guarantee corrective actions identification and implementation.
Additionally, He/she has to guarantee alignment with Supplier Quality local and international structures to ensure same standards and practices are applied, supporting Suppliers Qualification Audits planning and execution.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Organize parts specification discussions with suppliers and ensure that quality targets are correctly set and critical characteristics are managed
- Conduct Supplier Qualification Audits and support Supply chain definition for new products and localizations
- Assist in the development and implementation of supplier improvement programs.
- Track and qualify or disqualify suppliers according to organization's standards.
- Maintain successful relationships with supply, engineering, manufacturing, and other departments.
- Lead/Monitor Quality status & sampling activities (PPAP) on XPD projects and localizations
- Guarantee proper transition phase regarding supply chain activities from Developing team to Production Sites and local SQE teams
- Manage High impact suppliers' Quality issues related to new products
- Supplier Quality KPI & metrics
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Materials or Electric/Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar positions as Supplier Quality or Quality Engineer
- High School technical degree, if the candidate has the right experience and education
- Good communication skill in written and spoken English is mandatory.