Material HandlerOperations | Guelph, ON, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
To assist in the handling of materials required for production, line set up, preparation and crating, in assembly department.
Skills & Experience
- Delivery / set up materials for production / assembly.
- Must adhere to company rules and policy
- Understands department workflow, processes & assembly requirements
- Operating all types of material handling equipment, such as forklift trucks, hoists, or pump trucks as directed.
- Marking materials and / or containers being moved to assist in identification
- Excellent communication skills required
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Adaptive learning
- Innovative thinking
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Customer solution orientation
- Core cross-boundary collaboration
- Planning & process orientation
Core inspiring accountability
- System thinking
- Core leading people & teams as non-manager
- Cross-boundary communication
- Technical problem solving
- External: minimal external communication
- Internal: xylem internal employees
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma
- Must be a certified tow motor operator
- 3+ months experience as a tow motor operator
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment, automation, or assembly
Identifiable competencies that must be demonstrated by an employee to be considered competent in their role.
- Product/Materials set-up knowledge
- Ability to read and comprehend pick and packing slips
- Understand department flow, processes, and assembly requirements
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to stand for long periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and / or move up to 35 pounds
- Frequently required to walk, talk, see, and hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and / or humid conditions while performing pump tests and vibrations.
- Noise levels in the work environment are usually quiet to moderate.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is performed in a combination of hot/cold environments
- Exposure to elements such as noise, dust, brightly lit areas etc.
- Standard weekly job hours:40+
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.