Master Planner SchedulerOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: As a member of the Operations team in the Gas Operations Group, the Master Planner Scheduler will balance available resources to secure on time delivery to our Customers, develop and maintain Production Plans to support delivery, logistics and inventory goals, as well as quality, safety and cost objectives. Assist the Production Managers to ensure attainment of production schedules and maximize internal and external customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on, functional leadership and guidance to the Scheduling Supports
- Collaborate with the Production Managers, Materials Manager, Buyer/Planners, and Supervision to balance available human, material and production resources in order to create and maintain an efficient Production Schedule, ensuring on time delivery to Sensus customers, for both unit and service parts demand
- Evaluate, Adjust and Maintain the data and functionality of MRP/MPS in Xylem’s ERP system (including Request Date and Shop Order maintenance, MRP set-up maintenance and WIP inventory analysis and correction)
- Support inventory analysis of WIP inventory and WIP valuation projections to the management team, as required
- Assist the Production Managers and Materials team in root cause analysis and correction of inventory inaccuracies tied to Production processes
- Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering, Customer Service, QA and other areas, as required to support business and customer requirements
- Other duties as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Business Administration, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience is desired
- 3-5 years of industry and/or operational experience is preferred
- Training and experience in Lean, Six Sigma and other process and product improvement principles is desired
- Ability to clearly communicate and resolve business and personnel issues – employing win-win methods
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools, Engineering Change management (ECR/ECN) and ERP system principles
- Ability to lead and motivate cross functional teams
- Understand and apply problem solving skills to seek continuous improvement in work processes and demonstrated track record of results
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing/Warehouse/Machining environment includes lifting not to exceed 35 lbs.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.