Market Development Manager - Ontario DewateringSales | Toronto, ON, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Market Development Manager is responsible for the growth of Xylem Dewatering sales and rental revenue within the province of Ontario. Work with the Sales Management and customers to achieve maximum market penetration and sales of the company’s products. This involves both the Godwin and Flygt brands. The employee will work closely with our Xylem staff in Ontario to grow the rentals and sales of our Godwin and Flygt products. Comprehensive understanding of all pump markets within the region. Provide Information & Assistance to the Sales Management on New Products and market intelligence on the Ontario Dewatering Market.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a business plan for the assigned product lines within the territory in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager to attain company sales goals and profitability.
- Meet sales, profit and budget targets by maintaining accurate sales pipeline information through company’s information systems programs.
- Motivate and implement growth strategies with staff to increase sales and market share of products in territory.
- Assist in defining new markets and product opportunities.
- On-going analysis of competition and appropriate adjustments of plans.
- Pre-sales strategy – recognizing customer needs and gaps in the selling opportunity and adjusting sales plan accordingly.
- Monitors the post-sale process for potential issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers and key organizations. Work with customers to increase sales and market share. Own the account and provide whatever is required to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Assist with quotes, technical documentation and other paperwork for the customer as needed.
- Solution selling to create compelling solutions for customers that address their needs.
- Make prospecting calls to end customers, contractors, industrial accounts and EPC firms.
- Travel the region as required to meet with staff and customers to help grow product sales.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships with internal and external customers.
- Attend appropriate trade shows and related events to expand market knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Effectively motivate and mentor non-reports to implement Strategies.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree or Preferred B.S. degree Mech. Eng.
- Minimum of 4 Years Field Sales Experience
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Detailed knowledge of the industries where Xylem products are sold including general industrial, oil & gas and mining.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with co-workers
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value-based selling.
- Good computer skills, including, but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Basic computer, fast-track market developer, managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of vertical market (CBS, Res/Ag or Industrial) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40+
- Travel requirement: As required to fulfill the duties listed above (typically 50%). Other travel both domestic and sometimes international as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We foster a positive, equitable and progressive workforce and are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. We will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process. If you require any accommodation during the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources, Christy Walsh at Christy.Walsh@xylem.com.