Management AccountantFinance | Quenington, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Management Accountant reports into the Operations Finance vertical with a dotted line into Accounting and Compliance. This role would suit a good all-rounder as the role is varied and will require knowledge and experience across a number of accounting disciplines. An understanding of process flows and an ability and willingness to get beneath the numbers will be essential for adding value to this role. Maintaining a good control environment is essential but this role will also be expected to add value to the business with some new projects that we aim to start over the coming months in addition to sustaining continuous improvement initiatives. Furthermore this role is responsible for managing day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures with responsibilities for monthly reporting.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supporting role in the preparation of Statutory accounts and Tax Packs in addition to supporting VAT return submissions. Some experience of stats and tax / VAT would be advantageous but not essential.
- Responsible for administering DOA, SOX documentation and Financial control framework
- External Audit lead for the site. Ensuring adequate audit preparation and timely responses, no major or repeat gaps and active follow-up and on-time closure of any identified gaps.
- Work closely with UK & Ireland Accounting & Compliance leader and team members; key contact for all audit activities of Internal and External auditors.
- Project accounting – investigating and suggesting process improvements around Engineered to Order Pumps – Costing experience and understanding of BOMS and Routings would be advantageous.
- Assist in producing Value added analysis for operations, helping to drive productivity in the site.
- Close coordination with Xylem Global Financial Shared Services (GFSS) to ensure efficient and timely processing of transactions including preparing bank reconciliation at closing.
- Participate in month-end closing activities including preparation of journal entries and use of One Stream to report financial statements for consolidation.
- Intercompany invoicing.
- Ensure appropriate and timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and ensure follow-up of any reconciling or adjusting items.
- Treasury management for the site including currency accounting, bank reconciliations and fx reporting into corporate treasury function.
- Vigorous Overhead review and reporting – Able to demonstrate good knowledge of process flows and Procure to Pay process.
- Work closely with Operations team to ensure accurate & consistent mapping of local ledger accounts to One Stream.
- Support Xylem internal audit program by participating in balance sheet and SOX audits
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business.
- Building acumen
- Finance project management
- Business partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Inspiring accountability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Intelligent risk management
- External: External Audit, Consultants, Cognizant, Banks, HMRC.
- Internal: Europe finance team (especially Reporting, Operations, Commercial, Functional Support, and Finance CI leaders); Internal Audit; Financial Shared Services
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Qualified or passed finalist ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Have experience of a manufacturing environment or within an international and/or technical environment
- Have experience of design and operation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Good data management skills, Excel, systems knowledge.
- Analytical outlook, desire to understand processes and get into the detail.
- Experience in US GAAP
- Experience of FRS102
- Experience in a shared service environment
- Have experience of compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Costing experience.
Standard weekly job hours: 37.25 hours per week. The post holder may be required to work such reasonable additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of your role to the satisfaction of the Company, this could particularly be the case around month-end close. We operate a flexi-time system.
Travel requirement: Minimal travelling will be required to fulfil job responsibilities
Other local requirement:
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
- Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviors to your supervisor
- Participate in safety related activities as appropriate i.e. risk assessment process / audits
Excited? Apply now and let's solve water together!